Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Question for BinkyBunny

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • Hedi
      Participant
      969 posts Send Private Message

I think I remember you posting about those long circular tubes that you can buy from the Lowes or Home Depot that are for concrete that the buns like to play in.

We found some the other day and they were relatively cheap but my husband was afraid to buy them. They had several and they all had quite a bit of dust, or something all over them.

Did you have this problem when you bought yours? Did you need to clean them with something? We didnt want to bring them home and get our buns sick depending on what was on them.

Help?

• osprey
        Participant
        2065 posts Send Private Message

I bought one of those for my buns, and it was relatively clean.  They are concrete forms used to pour concrete columns.  The one I got is made of cardboard and was free of dust.  Maybe you got one from a dirty part of the store?  Mine came from the Home Depot.

• osprey
          Participant

Here is a picture of the one I got:

• Hedi
            Participant

That is the same kind we found at Lowe’s. THey were kinda dusty.

Any suggestions on cleaning them up?

• Sean
              Participant
              33 posts Send Private Message

tubes for bunnies lol that sounds fun for them am shure i woud like to play in those tubes if i were a rebbit lol

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

we were able to score some through our local freecycle, so it might be worth taking a look on there.

http://www.freecycle.org/

• BinkyBunny
                  8776 posts Send Private Message

Eeek, the tubes we got were always clean as a whistle!  Hmmm.  I wonder what was on those tubes you saw?  Maybe ask the store manager or ?     Since I have no idea what it was, I can’t really help you much.  

• osprey
                    Participant

I think some of the tubes are treated to make them easy to slip off of the cured concrete.  Maybe that is what you saw?  The one that I got is intended for a single use, and you cut it off of the finished column.  Another thing:  is the dust incredibly fine and slightly grey in color?  It could be that a cement bag broke and spilled dust everywhere in that store.

• Hedi
                      Participant

They were stacked all together and i think it was grey and shiny in color so it would make sense it was just concrete dust. Do you think I could just bang them outside a few times? I just worry my bunnies will taste test it or something-they dont normally taste things but I just worry…

• osprey
                        Participant

Actually, I’d stay away from cement dust.  It is extremely fine, and can get into the air and be inhaled by your buns.  Any chance there is another store around that sells these things where you can get a clean one?  If you try to clean it, I’d suggest a wipe down with a damp rag.  The dust will stick to the rag and not fly back up into the air.

• Lucy
                          Participant
                          370 posts Send Private Message

well.. if you wear a dust mask and have access to a compressor you can go outside and blast most of it off, and then wipe down the rest. I don’t know if you have access to that stuff though.

if not, just return them, and either just ask for your money back and go back another day when they have clean ones, or ask to exchange them for clean ones.

• Hedi
                            Participant

We just saw them at one store so we can look around at a few others for them. We do have access to a compressor and that is a great idea! We are going back to the store with the "dusty" ones so maybe I can find someone that works there who can tell me whats covering them.

Thank you all for your suggestions!

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Question for BinkyBunny