Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE puzzled

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • bunnytowne
      Participant
      7537 posts Send Private Message

I was feeding Critical Care.  Halfway through cotton refused to eat anymore he spit it  out.  I stopped cleaned his face.  Held him and loved on him as usual.  Then he just went limp in my arms like he died or something.  I said his name panicked said his name again.  Jiggled him.  Then just held him.  A little later he came to.  I wonder if that was a seizure or what.  

He goes to the vets Friday.  He isnt thrilled about eating at all now.  I spent time rubbing his hindquarters after that they got worse.  I wonder if thats what happened Monday when I was setting up for his IV fluids.  He was out cold and I called his name no response whatsoever.  He was laying out flat on the floor.  When I was ready and went to get him he had moved his head back up.  Hindquarters worse again.  Is he having spells and then his hindquarters get worse for a spell? 

He hasnt pooped but 7 of them today.  I rub his stomache.  He does sit looking zonked out.  I called his name this morning no reponse as he was sitting.  I called his name a few times usually he moves an ear when I speak to him.  Waved a plated around to catch his eye nothing  no response at all.  Then a little later he came out of it.  Turned his head and looked at me and ran over. 

Weird.  Seizures? The vet did ask about this if he spaces out like that.   Could be his kidneys causing all this.  They are bad.  

Well we will see friday.  Poor baby.   

• jerseygirl
        22342 posts Send Private Message

Quite possibly seizures, BT! Those ones where they space out (and it’s not a flop) are called “absence seizures” or just “absences”. Ive mainly heard of them in relation to E.C. in rabbits.
          Is he on a different pain med to metacam now? Maybe a new med could make him seem spaced out too, but they’re less likely to snap out of it.

• Bam
          16871 posts Send Private Message

You could ask about ec as well. Many rabbits carry this parasite and the immune system keeps it in check and nothing happens -until the bun gets a dip in its immune defense. All aging animals and humans get poorer immune defense as they age, and that can enable dormant illnesses can flare up.

EC is treated with Panacur (fenbendazole). Seizures are typical.

• bunnytowne
            Participant
            7537 posts Send Private Message

yes he is off metacam as its hard on  the kidneys is on a regular painkiller now.  ch something or other.  I will ask about e.c. I have given him grasses from outside washed of course but still you never know 

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE puzzled