Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE produce boxes from grocery store

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • KatnipCrzy
      Participant
      2981 posts Send Private Message

Awhile ago I posted a pic of Cotton in a clementine orange box.  Well, the last couple of weeks I have noticed at the grocery store there are a couple of empty boxes on the stack every week.  So I have been grabbing the boxes and putting them in the closet.  These oranges are pretty seasonal- so I know that they will not be around soon- and Cotton really seems to like the boxes.  There are no staples of metal- only a little glue.  And she strips the inside of the box first. 

Just thought I would pass along the tip to check the produce section when you are shopping for empty suitable boxes.  They are empty- so we get them free of charge as they would just be throwing them away (the clementines are in a mesh bag in the box- so not everyone bothers to take the box with purchase)

Julie

142859899171.jpg

• osprey
        Participant
        2065 posts Send Private Message

That is a good idea!  I have given ours similar boxes that I got at Costco, that I was able to flip over and make a little hidey house out of it.  If I left one right side up like you did, DJ would most likely think it was a litter box and pee in it.

• KatnipCrzy
          Participant
          2981 posts Send Private Message

Cotton has never peed in a cardboard box- but I am sure that is only because she is saving her urine for something more convenient.  For example-  either the couch, or me or my husband ON the couch, or better yet- last week the cat jumped on the couch when Cotton was out.  And Cotton peed on the cat- while both were in my lap- thus getting the cat,  me, my blanket and the couch. 

She gets spayed on Thursday- so I am hoping that helps with the “naughty peeing”.  Her behavior indicates to me that it is marking/dominant as opposed to a real need to urinate.  She is 100% littertrained in her cage and NIC enclosure.

• rabbitsmba
            Participant
            475 posts Send Private Message

Just a tip to be on the safe side – I wouldn’t use boxes from fresh produce. The boxes may have residue from pesticides or other sprays. I would also avoid boxes from soaps and detergents – residue as well. I stick with boxes from dry goods such as soup, paper towels, crackers, cereal – stuff like that.

And always remember to remove all staples and packing tape.

Other than that, bunns LOVE cardboard boxes!

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

like Osprey mentioned, wholesale clubs usually give away boxes to get your stuff home, b/c they don’t have bags available. we go to BJ’s which is similar to Costco and we always come back with some good boxes. many of them already have cutouts for makeshift hidey-holes.

• skunklionshow
                Participant
                1257 posts Send Private Message

My Jessie has always loved the clementine crates.  She actually had her surprise litter in one.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE produce boxes from grocery store