Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A probably a stupid question regarding water

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • scubahood
      Participant
      88 posts Send Private Message

so, earlier this week, i bought the animals a new water bowl since their old one got stepped on and the one i was using from the kitchen was too small

.. i went all out and bought an electric fountain one .. mostly to encourage the dog to drink more water that’s NOT from the toilet (it’s working YAY)

but my boyfriend remarked that he hasn’t seen the rabbit use the bowl and i realized that i haven’t either.

she has a gravity bottle in her cage also which she used to use but i can tell by looking at the water level that it hasn’t been used recently.

my question is:  she has to be drinking from the bowl, right?  just when we aren’t looking?  she’d be dead or severely ill after a few days without water?

i didn’t think much about it  at first but now my boyfriend’s got me all freaked out about it..

she’s peeing and acting normal otherwise

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

Honestly my rabbit doesn’t drink much at all – and to be honest, I have never even seen him drink but I know he pee’s….he may drink a bit when I’m not around, but I’ve only seen him eat.

• JackRabbit
          Participant
          5451 posts Send Private Message

Rabbits get some hydration from veggies. Just in case, check the bottle in her cage to make sure its working properly in case she doesn’t like the water movement or fountain in the new bowl.

As long as she’s peeing, I’d actually be more worries that she bite the electric cord on the new bowl.

• bunnygirl
            Participant
            636 posts Send Private Message

As stated above, lots of veggies like celery and cos lettuce, have quite a high water content, more so if you serve them wet. I’m sure she’s fine if she’s peeing and such. Don’t worry too much if she is behaving like her usual self!

• scubahood
              Participant
              88 posts Send Private Message

i saw her use it today! yay!

the cord is protected so no need to worry about that.. she’s not a big chewer unless it’s cardboard, paper or the like.. lucky me

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

As long as the water is available, they will take in what they need. They won’t purposely dehydrate themselves. And she’s peeing, so obviously she is taking in something!

I like having the option of both a bowl and bottle available. The bottle rarely gets used here, but I like knowing that just in case the bowl was tipped over, there would still be water for her!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A probably a stupid question regarding water