Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Pre bonding litter box

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cinnimon&Ollie
      Participant
      300 posts Send Private Message

I know that you are supposed to switch the bunny’s or bunny’s litter boxes when satiating to bond them, but I don’t want it to mess up their litter habits. One of my rabbits is perfectly litter trained, and the other is 90 %. The litter boxes are very different sizes too.

• DanaNM
        8930 posts Send Private Message

Litter box habits often go out the window when bonding, whether you use the same litter boxes  or swap or not. But once they are bonded they will return, so don’t worry. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Cinnimon&Ollie
          Participant

I am bonding them currently, but switching there litter boxes or them into each other cages would help. My rabbit who was already 100% litter box trained is still 100% litter trained, and my rabbit who is 90% litter trained I am currently litter box training but it is going well so I don’t want it to go backwards.

• Wick & Fable
            5781 posts Send Private Message

If it goes “backwards”, it will likely be more because of the bonding process– not swapping the boxes. Litterbox behavior is something that can be polished in the future as well, so I wouldn’t let concerns about it prevent you from doing swaps as a pre-bonding measure. Most likely, it won’t impact anything litter habit wise, as long as they are in the same place.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Cinnimon&Ollie
              Participant

What do you mean by the same place? That the litter boxes are in the same place? That the bunny’s are in the same room? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

• Wick & Fable

I mean when you swap litterboxes, put them in the place the original one was. So the rabbit is still familiar with that’s the place to go, even if it’s a different box.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Cinnimon&Ollie
                  Participant

I was leaning towards during switching the bunnies into each other cages, but if that won’t work than I could switch there litter boxes. Do you think switching the bunnies into each other cages or switching the litter boxes would be better.

• Wick & Fable

Either way they are getting used to each other’s scent, so I don’t think it makes a huge difference. It seems like it’d be easier just to swap the rabbits.

• Cinnimon&Ollie
                      Participant

Okay thank you

• DanaNM
                        8930 posts Send Private Message

Yeah I’ve always just swapped rabbits. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Cinnimon&Ollie
                          Participant

I swapped the rabbits and I don’t think I will again. In my female bunnies and I don’t put fleece down, and she does not slip ( her paws are not really furry) but my male rabbits paws are super furry. I put a fleece down in the cage but he pulled the fleece up and bunched it all up. He wouldn’t walk were the fleece wasn’t. I had to fix this multiply times a day (about 2 times per hour). My female rabbit doesn’t throw her bowls but my male rabbit does he kept on throwing the water bowl. My female rabbit in my males cage wasn’t much better, she kept digging on the fleece and chewing it. She also didn’t use the litter box ( the litter box is a lot smaller than the one in her cage about 1/3 the size). Is there anything else I can do to help with bonding?

• Wick & Fable

Ah, I understand. I have two buns who would wreak destruction based on the set-up of the other’s pens, haha.

You can swap any sort of possessions, if possible. You can also plant poops of one’s into the other on a regular basis.

• Cinnimon&Ollie
                              Participant

Okay, thanks

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Pre bonding litter box