Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Post Neuter Rage

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Michalinag
      Participant
      3 posts Send Private Message

My bunny Stewie got neutered almost 4 weeks ago now. Before and during the first week post neuter he has been the sweetest bun always cuddly and never bit me! However, two weeks later he started getting aggressive always biting and digging at the carpet and myself and biting me for no apparent reason. The only good thing is that he has been using his litter box very well!  I had read that it takes up to 6 weeks sometimes for bucks to get the hormones completely leveled out but I’m worried that he is just going to be this way constantly. Any words of advice or encouragement are much appreciated. Thank you 🙂

• Azerane
        4688 posts Send Private Message

It probably is just swinging hormones, I wouldn’t be too worried about it just yet. I actually read about one rabbit on another forum that took 6 months for her hormonal problems to resolve after she was spayed. While that is an unusual example, for some it can take longer than others. Also assuming your rabbit is young, many young rabbits do go through a biting phase. Digging is normal behaviour, especially for young, active rabbits. The biting is probably largely hormonal based but even so if he’s still young, he’s still learning to push boundaries etc.

• Michalinag
            Participant
            3 posts Send Private Message

Thank you so much for the reply! I was also thinking it’s all hormonal based and I feel like he has good and bad days! I’m guessing from the hormone fluctuation. I also read that some bunnies take up to 6 weeks to a month to get back to normal!

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Post Neuter Rage