Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Possible fractured back paw? Please help…

• This topic has 9sd replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Hazel.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cinnamon Bun
      Participant
      205 posts Send Private Message

Last night, Binkie struggled suddenly as I scooped her up, and jumped out of my arms. Fortunately, she landed on her feet and was quite close to the ground. Then I noticed her limping. A few minutes after the accident, she was fine and zooming around normally, which was surprising. It looked to me as if she’d just sprained her back leg slightly, and nothing too serious. Then this morning, she was grinding her teeth in pain, limping, and was very unresponsive whenever I came up to her pen (although she did rush to eat her breakfast). The day has gone by, I’m not sure what to do. She keeps limping and then stops, and acts normal for a while, and then starts to limp again, and is being very careful to avoid putting pressure on the injured leg. Do I rush her to the vet, or keep on monitoring her? I don’t know if her moving around is making it worse. I just really want her to be comfortable and not in pain. I’ve never dealt with an injured bun before, s0 I’m very worried and confused. If anyone has any advice please let me know.

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

I would recommend going to the vet to have an x-ray conducted, as it will inform you how to best care for your rabbit during recovery. I actually currently have a rabbit who has a fractured front paw. He acts very normally, but having the x-ray confirm the fracture made it clear that he needs to be in cage rest for 2 weeks to 2 months so prevent worsening of the fracture.

More details are here: https://binkybunny.com/forums/topic/front-paw-fracture-experience/

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• DanaNM
          8935 posts Send Private Message

I would take her to the vet and get an x-ray. Since she’s showing signs of pain the next day, I would def get it looked at.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Cinnamon Bun
            Participant

Thank you for your help – I really appreciate the help and support!

@Wick
              – I heard about Wick’s paw, poor boy. I hope he gets better soon. <3

@DanaNM – I’m definitely going to try and get her looked at ASAP. Thanks!

• DanaNM

You’re welcome! Looks like our wires crossed in replying, haha. Let us know how it goes at the vet. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
                16907 posts Send Private Message

No harm in getting an x-ray! That way you’ll know if it’s a fracture or just a sprain and then you can treat it accordingly.

• Cinnamon Bun
                  Participant

LBJ10 – Yes, getting an x-ray done seems like the most sense. I’m a bit nervous, but at least I’ll know how to properly care for her during recovery. Will they have to sedate her during the x-ray?

• DanaNM

Depending on the bun, sometimes they do really light sedation, but sometimes they don’t need to do it at all. Bun Jovi had one a couple months ago and it was a very quick process!

• Cinnamon Bun
                      Participant

Phew, that’s relieving to hear. I’ll be sure to give an update as soon as we get back from the vet.

• Hazel
                        Participant
                        2587 posts Send Private Message

Good luck, fingers crossed it’s good news!

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Possible fractured back paw? Please help…