Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Positive Rabbit Care YouTube Channel

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • FinntheLuckyBunny
      Participant
      6 posts Send Private Message

I’m curious if any Binky Bunny members have saw a need for a rabbit care channel that is less opinionated (so no YOU NEED TO BOND YOUR BUNNY!, and NEVER EVER FEED PELLETS!), and kinder about rabbit care. Instead of creating videos like: Why You Shouldn’t Get a Rabbit, I will create videos like: Rabbit Diet Options. While I won’t promote keeping rabbits outside or keeping bunnies unaltered if they don’t have underlying health issues, I will try to recognize that everyone has a different way of caring for rabbits. I personally find a lot of rabbit care channels either uninformative, or too extreme and emotional. I will most likely use House Rabbit Society and Binky Bunny standards to inform my videos. Does this seem of interest to anyone?

• DanaNM
        8901 posts Send Private Message

Have you seen the Howcast videos with Mary Cotter? I find those to be some of the best, non-judgemental and well-informed videos on rabbit care.

I think the emotional and dramatic titles are to increase clicks and get promoted by the algorithm. I agree they are very annoying though. I think there is a big difference between someone who has a bunny and has strong opinions about care, vs. someone who works towards rabbit welfare on larger scales in the “real world”. The latter tends to have a different perspective and keeps the big picture in mind because they have a broader range of experience.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• FinntheLuckyBunny
          Participant

I’ll look at them, and I totally agree. I think I just forgot about them; they really need to be more promoted. I’ll bookmark it.

• HipHopBunny
            Participant
            640 posts Send Private Message

I think this is a wonderful idea! A great and friendly way to help new bunny owners. 🙂

Keep us posted!

• prince dorian the bun
              Participant
              743 posts Send Private Message

I loved the Howcast videos! & I am into a new bunny channel, especially one that is less judgmental, but also not just making your bun do things like dance, dress them up or stuff just to be cute for clicks (nothing against the occasional outfit, but when the bun looks like they are miserable I am not a fan). Please share if you get something going!

• Susanne
                Participant
                410 posts Send Private Message

The Bunny Lady seems less emotional (and has a great website), plus Jana Brock seems very knowledgeable. The Jana Brock ones can get a little boring, and you can tell she is very passionate about certain points, but I don’t find the information to be exaggerated or show-y. She does stress bonding rabbits, but I do understand that most people can’t give them the time they need. Otherwise most of the others either give some bad info, or hammer some points that aren’t actually mandatory for rabbit care. That’s my opinion! Oh and I’ve seen some of the Howcast as well and agree those have some good information too. Once I watched one about cutting nails.. and it you can tell she has handled rabbits for many years vs me who barely has!  That said, I actually succeeded in cutting one of mines nails for the first time even though I was shaking the whole time.

• DanaNM

Some of the bunnies in the Howcast vids are so cute. I think there is on named “Bean” and they demonstrated scent glad cleaning with him. He had this look on his face like, “Excuuuuse me! Bad enough you are all up in my business, and now I’m being filmed??”

LOL

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Susanne
                    Participant
                    410 posts Send Private Message

I love Bean! Such a chill bun!

• FinntheLuckyBunny
                      Participant

OMG! I’m so glad I’m not the only one who feels this way about rabbit YouTube channels. I did a lot of research before I got Finn (my first bunny!), but I’m going to wait until I have A LOT more hands-on experience to start talking about rabbit care. In the mean time, if I start one before then, I will probably film videos like product unboxing, and pen cleanings.

Dana NM: You made a good point: ” I think there is a big difference between someone who has a bunny and has strong opinions about care, vs. someone who works towards rabbit welfare on larger scales in the “real world”. The latter tends to have a different perspective and keeps the big picture in mind because they have a broader range of experience.” So if I start talking about bunny care, I’ll keep that in mind.

• Ellie from The Netherlands
                        Participant
                        2512 posts Send Private Message

Yes, those clips with Bean are adorable! I also learned the gas pain massage from Amy Sedaris’ videos.

• DanaNM

Yes I use that gas pain massage technique too!

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Positive Rabbit Care YouTube Channel