Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Poor Jazz! His first encounter with ‘strangers’ aka my parents…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lion_Lop_Lover
      Participant
      971 posts Send Private Message

My parents came up from NS yesterday to visit me, the horses and my soon-to-be new house…anyway, 5/6 of my rabbits are used to other people – like friends, etc.

Now, when my parents came in the door Jazz FLIPPED out. He bolted to the back of his cage and looked terrified. My mom went over to say hi to him and he looked petrified. This continued the whole time they were there.

Later, I was thinking about WHY was Jazz SO scared? I realized that since I got him, I have had no visitors to my apartment. He has never seen anyone else except for me in the last 1 1/2 months!

It kind of made me feel special that he was so used to me and my voice/body shape/whatever they distinguish but my mom and dad induced a panic response.

I guess I need to find people to come over here lol…also made me realize how solitary my apartment is…!

Any other strange ‘stranger’ stories?

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

that’s funny. he is so young, he probably forgot there are other people besides you. i think you’re going to need to have a packing up house party…

• MarkBun
          Participant
          2842 posts Send Private Message

My bun is just the opposite. She will immediatly run over and see who is there and sit up for pets while if I try to pet her, she’ll think I’m trying to put her into her cage and run away from me.

• bunnytowne
            Participant
            7537 posts Send Private Message

thats funny gee the only person in the world is our bunny parent what are those other humans ackh    lol.  cotton is that way too he would run up to a female and jump on her and stand on her lap and smell her then run off lol. he doesnt’ care for men much cuz always been me and hiim he used to thump when my son came to live with me every time he would talk cotton would thump. lol. was hilariuos

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

Awww that’s cute!! Rupert is super shy of guests but he’s starting to come out of his shell. I put out the tunnel and make ‘forts’ (towels over pillows-my boyfriend hates when I turn the apartment into ‘bunnyland’ but oh well) and then put out some treats…With lots of new things to explore, he can’t help but come out and hop around. And he binkied when Dave’s friend pet him last weekend. He’s starting to be less shy now!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Poor Jazz! His first encounter with ‘strangers’ aka my parents…