Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Poops

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Vicky
      Participant
      205 posts Send Private Message

Hi guys last two days or three are my bunnies poops like that. Some are quite small some are big. Here you can see some really big one like two attached together.

My bunny just hit her puberty, but I cannot get spayed her yet because she is still young.

She eats and behaves normally. She gets romaine lettuce, green lettuce, carrot tops, kale, coriander etc. Pellets too. Timothy hay of course.

I don’t know if it is an issue or it’s okay.

Thank you for help!

• Bam
        16871 posts Send Private Message

“Double” poops indicate a slight gut slowdown. Poop size is good though,  and it looks like she eats her hay like a good bun girl 🙂.

If you break open the doubles, there may be hair inside. If that is the case, you should brush her. If she’s normal-haired (i e not a lionhead or angora), you can lint roll her with a sticky paper lint roller after brushing, to catch as much loose hair as possible.

This is not alarming. Her diet sounds great.

• Vicky
          Participant
          205 posts Send Private Message

Ah great, you made me feel better.

She has short hair. But the only issue is she HATES getting brushed so it’s really impossible haha I only did it with lint roll.

Can I ask one more thing. Can she eat kale and arugula “everyday”? I mean like romaine lettuce. I am not sure what I can give her all the time.

• Ellie from The Netherlands
              Participant
              2512 posts Send Private Message

Apart from the odd shape of some poops, they look very healthy. She’s eating plenty of hay ^_^

Kale contains a lot of calcium, and we don’t feed it often because our rabbit is prone to bladder sludge.

This is a good site with calcium contents of vegetables:

https://rabbit.org/journal/3-5/calcium.html

Brushing is often difficult with young rabbits because they have way too much energy to sit still. Some people make their hand slightly wet and pet their bunny to get excess fur out.

Our bun used to hate being brushed as well, so during his moult we gently plucked out the loose tufts. Now that he’s older he does tolerate brushing, but only when I use a fine comb. I have a plastic barber’s comb with a long handle and he enjoys it a lot.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Poops