Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Pls help! Buns had a big fight

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • UmisMum
      Participant
      16 posts Send Private Message

Hi all

we recently adopted a new bun and had been starting the bonding process slowly.
        today he broke out into other buns area (twice… don’t ask…. My partner is in the dog house) and we can see she has several bite marks and fur missing.

they are booked into the vets tomorrow was the soonest appointment we could get.
        both eating and drinking and seem ok.

I just want to know what would a serious wound look like? There’s no bleeding or oozing.

• DanaNM
        8930 posts Send Private Message

If he isn’t bleeding then he’s prob OK, but good that the vet will give him a once over.

This probably goes without saying, but definitely make sure that doesn’t happen again. If the fighting was really bad, it may be hard to bond them, or they may benefit from a break from bonding sessions.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• UmisMum
            Participant
            16 posts Send Private Message

yes, I know it can’t happen again.
              it was a mistake and I have bought new gates that are more secure to prevent it reoccurring.
              I do feel very bad about it and it was an accident.

Vet took a look – he is on oral antibiotics for an ear bite and she has some topical to apply twice a day.

• DanaNM
              8930 posts Send Private Message

@UmisMum , glad the vet had a look and it isn’t too bad. Hopefully with some cooling off period they will be fine during bonding sessions!

Usually after a bad fight it’s good to take a break from pre-bonding for a few weeks, then resume pre-bonding until they aren’t acting aggressively towards each other through the fencing.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Jin
              Participant
              1 posts Send Private Message

I honestly have no idea. We recently found a bunny while taking our dog out and not so long ago I picked her up because she was wondering around on top of the dinner table and I noticed dried blood on her side and some missing fur. I did notice cuts on her ears but I just thought they were from wondering around outside for who knows how long. Looks like a cat or dog attacked her while being alone. But she’s eating normally, jumping around and wondering around. The wound doesn’t seem to bother her… I’m keeping an eye on the wound though. She’s also comfortable with my dog and based on what my step grandfather and grandmother say she’s probably been alone for a while… some kids were taking care of her from afar. We stayed a awhile to see if anyone looks for her but no one’s been looking for her. We decided to keep her in the end… it would be cruel to leave her by herself again.

• Wick & Fable
                5781 posts Send Private Message

@Jin – I’m sorry to hear about what has happened to your rabbit, and it’s wonderful that you have taken her in. Please note that if the rabbit is wild, it is recommended to take her to a wildlife rehab service, as wild rabbits do not do well in captivity: https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Wild_rabbits#Orphaned_wild_rabbits

If domestic, I encourage you to create your own topics if you have questions or concerns about rabbit care. Also review the RABBIT INFO section of our websites to learn the basics of rabbit care.

Please note that whenever an owner suspects injury, it is best to have the rabbit assessed by a rabbit-experienced exotic vet: https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Choosing_a_rabbit_veterinarian#Rabbit_veterinarian_listings … rabbits are prey animals, therefore they are very good at hiding pain and injury. Even in the absence of external bleeding/wounds, some internal injuries are definitely possible from predator attacks.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Pls help! Buns had a big fight