Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR PLEASE HELP): Wet Bunny nose

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • bunbaby<3
      Participant
      15 posts Send Private Message

So i’ve been worried because my baby has had a little wet nose. Its a little under her nose and it doesn’t seem like thick mucous but it definitely isnt dry and i’ve taken her to vets for other problems like her itching ears and i got her spayed recently and they see her nose and say nothing. At this point i dont know if the vets just want me to keep scheduling different appointments so they can make more money or they really arent good vets:/

Overall my concern is her sweet nose though! I can hear a slight whistle from her nose but i can only hear sometimes and she  did sneeze once a couple days ago but hasnt since and ive been worried so i need someone to help me out): !

P.S. –  I have a 7mnth Holland Lop and ive only had her for 3 months. I did think maybe her nose was irritated from this herb called “linden” i got from smallpetselect because it did seem dusty so i stopped giving it to her but her nose still seems wet

SORRY FOR ALL THE EXPLANATIONS I JUST REALLY NEED SOME INPUT !):

• Bam
        16877 posts Send Private Message

A little wet nose is as a rule not a sign of a problem. Since healthy rabbits only breathe through their noses, not through their mouths, moisture in the air may condense around the nostrils, especially when the rabbit has been physically active, or if the ambient air is humid.

What you dont want to see is snot around the nostrils, and/or felted hair on the cheeks (and paws). (If there is snot, and the rabbit tries to clean it with it’s paws, the snot will transfer to the cheeks when the bun “washes” its face, and the cheek hair will become felted.)

Frequent sneezing is of course not good, but some sneezing happens even in healthy rabbits, often because of dust. It was wise of you to take away the dusty linden leaves. (Linden is a tree, the leaves and flowers of which are bunny safe, but if you got a dusty batch, it could of course irritate the nostrils and cause the odd sneeze.)

It’s very good that you are so observant!

• bunbaby<3
            Participant

Thank you so much! I’ve been worrying but then i thought to myself if its been a couple days and shes eating and pooping like normal and she hasnt sneezed since i took it away maybe im just being overly worried): I really appreciate the reply ill be worrying less about her nose now unless it becomes something that you described (:

• Bam
            16877 posts Send Private Message

You should of course keep keeping a close eye. It’s what we conscientious rabbit hoomins do. You can even keep a diary. You can weigh yout bun weekly and note fown the weight.

If you see coloted snot-white, green, yellow, brownish – it’s an observandum. Please tell us if you do!

• bunbaby<3
                Participant

yes yes of course i check her everyday because i cant help to think something would happen because i didnt catch it in time): ! for what i see now its just clear and damp under the nose but definitely will let you know if its anything more serious, fingers crossed itll be fine🤞🏽 Thank you soso much <3

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR PLEASE HELP): Wet Bunny nose