Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Please help, weird water problem…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cari
      Participant
      14 posts Send Private Message

This is my first post here. I’m freaking out right now, I just went to change my rabbits’ water and what was left of it had turned BLUE and there’s chunky white stuff at the top. I change their water daily but yesterday I asked my grandmother to change it. What’s going on? If they drank any of this, will they be ok? I’m so scared that this might be something bad, but I really have no idea what.

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

That is a difficult question to answer – where are the rabbits kept? Do you have ANY idea what the blue stuff and chunky stuff could be? Have you looked in the rabbits surrounding areas for any ideas of what it is?

• Sarita
          Participant

Also if you have concerns it would be a good idea to contact your vet.

• Cari
            Participant
            14 posts Send Private Message

The rabbits are kept inside, I have a big pen for them with a cage and stairs to the cage at the back of the pen. I have NO idea what it was, except that it looked like detergent maybe. My mom suggested maybe my grandmother accidentally put something in their bottle when she meant to put in fresh water. I felt horrible, I need to watch them more carefully and realize how old she’s getting I guess. :\

Anyway, I took them top the vet, she said she didn’t know what it could have been but she checked them out and did a fecal and said everything looked normal. Thanks for the reply.

• Sarita
              Participant

I’m glad you took them to the vet and she said they are fine. Hopefully if it was something like detergent it deterred them from actually drinking the water.

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

Oh no Cari, I am very sorry to hear about what happened.  I am glad to hear that they are OK.  Maybe keep a jug of water on hand to fill the rabbit bottle to help prevent it from happening again. By the way, welcome!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Please help, weird water problem…