Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Please help my Cinnabun

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • cinnabunbun
      Participant
      3 posts Send Private Message

Hello everyone,

I am in a tough situation with my sweet bunny. He has constantly been drooling for 2 months and fecals look odd. I took him to the vet and we did fecal sample test, blood work, skull x rays and she also checked the inside of his mouth really well and we found nothing. He loves his hay and wants to eat but he just cant because he’s drooling so much. His drooling is getting worse and worse. I noticed that his poop has large pieces of hay and i am not sure if this is because of hay not being digested or him not chewing properly. If you have experienced something like this please let me know I am starting to slowly loose hope.

The next step is doing an ultrasound and maybe a CT if we cant find anything.

Edited by LBJ10 to remove link and text that was against forum rules.

• Wick & Fable
        5802 posts Send Private Message

I’m very sorry to hear what your rabbit is going through. Whether it’s a CT or perhaps putting your rabbit under anesthesia just to do some more through exploratory work that is non-skeletal would both be likely next steps. If something was just lodged in the mouth, it wouldn’t really show up on an X-ray easily.

Personal fundraising is not permitted on the forum. Please see here for some resources for financial assistance: https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Choosing_a_rabbit_veterinarian#Financial_assistance

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• LBJ10
          16977 posts Send Private Message

How well did the vet look in his mouth? Was a deep dental exam done under anesthesia? This really is the only way to see if there are tiny spurs or other issues with the teeth. Even then, it can be hard to tell. Sometimes the tiniest of points can cause problems. Your post does not mention having his molars burred or trimmed. Perhaps it would be more cost-effective to have a dental done before resorting to a CT scan.

• cinnabunbun
              Participant

Yeah the mouth exam was done under anesthesia. The vet did it twice and found nothing. We did all the dental work done and now i’m debating if I should do a CT because I am not sure if i can afford it.

• LBJ10
                16977 posts Send Private Message

Sometimes the points are super small and hard to see. We’ve had buns on here before that this has happened to. I think the vet simply ran the burring tool over the teeth just to make sure they were smooth (since they couldn’t see the points). I’m sorry this has been so frustrating for you. Honestly though, I’m not sure what they would be looking for by doing a CT scan. As Wick said, there could be a foreign object lodged somewhere. Perhaps an abscess could cause a problem if it was pushing on a salivary gland. I don’t know.

• Bam
                16936 posts Send Private Message

I agree with LBJ. There can be stuff that doesn’t show up on skull x rays, the inside of the mouth needs to be examined with an otoscope. Since rabbits have a big tongue and a small oral cavity, the bun needs to be under full anesthesia for the vet to be able to see everything properly. I would start there before going for a CT.

• cinnabunbun
                    Participant

Yeah we already did the mouth examine twice under anesthesia and found nothing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Please help my Cinnabun