Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A PLEASE HELP ME :( RABBIT WORMS

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Louie
      Participant
      5 posts Send Private Message

My baby boy Louie is 5 months old and he had worms in his poo yesterday 7/6 🙁 My vet appointment is tomorrow 7/8 but I need to know if this has happened to anyone else’s bun and if they’re okay now!

His right eye is watering today 7/7 a lot. 🙁

Please please let me know if you know what these worms are and where they came from.

He doesn’t go outside but we do have a Maori-Shih-Poo who does and he also lives in the house.

Could the dog have something to do with this?

• LBJ10
        16898 posts Send Private Message

Here’s an article on Medirabbit: http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Parasitic_diseases/Pass/Pass_en.htm

Finding worms in bunny poop can be very alarming. The good news is these types of infections are usually not serious. They only become serious if there is such a large abundance that the worms actually block the intestines. The worms should be pretty easy to treat. The vet will likely prescribe an anti-parasitic medication.

Do you forage for food in your yard? Infection occurs when bunny eats contaminated food.

• Louie
          Participant
          5 posts Send Private Message

Thank you so much! & No we don’t even have a yard! I did recently get some green leaf lettuce from Bristol Farms. I always wash before I feed, though this was my fist time buying from Bristol Farms. Could the lettuce have been contaminated?

• Bam
            16870 posts Send Private Message

There is a possibility that lettuce is contaminated with rabbit poop, which is how these worms spread. It looks like its pinworms and they’re are not at all uncommon in rabbits, although they obviously mainly affect outdoors buns.  Fenbendazole (panacur) for a few days can be used to get rid of them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A PLEASE HELP ME :( RABBIT WORMS