Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A please help identify wound

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Calvin
      Participant
      8 posts Send Private Message

Hey guys please can anyone help me

My bunny had a patch of hair loss on her face for a while.. only recently has it gotten bigger and it appears to be a wound/fungal
        I’m not too sure
        I’m in the UK and where i am no vet is accepting any new patients at all…
        We did a video consultation 2 weeks ago with a vet and he said it should be fine it’s nothing serious but she does need to see a vet. He provided no solution at all
        Mind you no one is accepting new patients here

We tried  the Beaphar Anti Ringworm Spray 50ml… and it did nothing and only made her scratch the wound which causes it to bleed.
        She does sometimes scratch it and when she does my heart sinks, No one is helping me
        She doesn’t seem to be in pain and she’s active and eating but i have no idea what it could be 

I will attach the pictures but please be weary

Warning.

when i look close it looks like a bubble, and when i touch her cheek area she doesn’t react or seem to be in pain but does anyone know what i could do in the mean time to make it easier? please

• Bam
        16877 posts Send Private Message

This really doesnt look good at all, but you know that.

You could perhaps try Beaphar OTC  ivermectin spot on (rabbit safe antiparasitic that’s effective against several skin parasites) but this looks more like it’d need antibiotics. It kind of reminds me of hot spots that dogs can get.

(PSA: Dont use any antiparasitic containing fipronil on a rabbit. It can be deadly toxic to rabbits. End of PSA).

I know it is currently difficult to get a vet appt for a rabbit, but I think you need to keep trying. To my knowledge there isn’t any kind of OTC antibiotic ointment available in the UK. Manukka honey can be used on buns, but she would probably want to clean it off with her paws to eat it, since its very tasty.

• DanaNM
          8935 posts Send Private Message

Ugh how stressful. I do agree with Bam that you should keep trying… this does look like it needs veterinary attention.  Sometimes it helps to call first thing in the morning when they open and don’t downplay anything. Stress that she has a swollen and open wound on her face that is getting worse.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Calvin
            Participant
            8 posts Send Private Message

thank you guys i will really try.. thank you!

• LBJ10
              16908 posts Send Private Message

I don’t know how things work there, but I agree with Dana. You should try calling right when they open and explain that he is in urgent need of attention. Even if my vet is booked, they have allowed me to drop off first thing in the morning. Then they look at bunny between appointments when they have time.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A please help identify wound