Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Please Help!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • xbunnyx
      Participant
      14 posts Send Private Message

Hi,
        I am new to bunny care, and tomorrow afternoon we will be going up to our cottage which has no people at all as it is pretty private. I have to bring my rabbit, Rex because there will be no one home to take care of him for the weekend and I am not planning on having someone else care for him. I have ‘made’ a rabbit carrier out of an old un-used birdcage, with a 3 inch deep base, and wire around the top. It is big enough for Rex to turn around and move a bit comfortably. I lined the base with paper towel and covered that in newspapers. I will cover the bars with a towel so it may be less ‘scary’ and I made sure that he could breathe comfortably and he won’t overheat.  I plan on bringing: water bowl, food bowl, pellets, veggies, hay, extra newspaper, a bottle full of water to refill when we are in the car, a poop scooper, garbage bags, paper towel, ice pack and towel in case he gets hot, syringe for feeding in case of emergency, toys, a litter box, harness (probably won’t use), leash (also probably won’t use) and bedding. Please give advice if possible, and if I’m missing anything on my list, please tell me what I’m missing! This is my first time bringing him in the car.

Note: I couldn’t find a big enough rabbit carrier, but the cat carriers were way too overpriced and not worth it. If I even ordered a carrier, it would arrive in a few months.

• Louiethebunny
        Participant
        603 posts Send Private Message

You seem pretty prepared, I’m not sure if you have any, but it’s probably worth picking up some Critical Care. It’s a good way to get nutrients into rabbits who are to stressed out to eat.

• Bam
          16838 posts Send Private Message

You do seem well prepared! Simethicone baby gas drops is good to have in the bunny first aid kit in case of minor tummy upset. But that’s a minor thing, it seems you’ve been very thorough in your planning. I hope you’ll have a wonderful weekend!

• xbunnyx
            Participant

Oh, I don’t have Critical Care… I don’t know if this actually works, but someone told me to use mashed up pellets?

• xbunnyx
              Participant

I really hope I’m prepared enough, I will be checking Amazon to possibly try to get some Simethicone Baby Gas Drops and Critical Care. Thanks for the help!

• DanaNM
                8901 posts Send Private Message

Mashed up pellets also can work in a pinch, they are just a bit harder to syringe because they aren’t as finely ground. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• DanaNM
                  8901 posts Send Private Message

I also meant to ask, I’m guessing she will be free-roaming in the cottage? Or in a pen? Just curious about whether you’ll need to do any bunny-proofing.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• xbunnyx
                    Participant

Hi DanaNM, I’m sorry I’m responding so late, he is in a pen, but I put him in his cage at night and I didn’t free roam him because there could have been some animals that would easily get to him.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Please Help!