Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Playing? Or Angry?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • xnovalentine
      Participant
      309 posts Send Private Message

I was laying on the floor playing with Lullabelle the other day when i started poking her on each side and she would jump around and lightly bite my hand (didn’t hurt at all) and i’d poke her on the other and she’d jump around again. She would growl a bit when she did it but every time she grabbed my hand she’d put her nose under my fingers for a nose rub. I kept doing this and sometimes she would put her ears back and sometimes she wouldnt. I thought we were playing but then i was thinking maybe she was feeling threatend thats why she was growling and perhaps didint like what I was doing. So I thought I’d ask you guys if you think she was playing or if I was bothering her. I don’t want to tease and taunt her obvisouly, but if she was playing I want to continue playing with her.

• kimberleyanddarren
        Participant
        2520 posts Send Private Message

i think it is probably playing as she brought her nose back under your hand and if she had of been angry or frightened she probably would have run off a grunt can just be for attention so i wouldnt worry about it, she probably would have turned her back on you and gave you stink eye had she been p*ssed at u

• JK
          Participant
          2223 posts Send Private Message

Uh I think she did not like that mom! What is stink eye anyway?????

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

Meadow reacts that way if i unexpectantly poke or tickle her side.  i don’t do it just b/c i don’t want to stress her out.

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant
              4293 posts Send Private Message

It sounds to me like she did not like it. A bunny will nip to let you know they do not like something and ears laying back is an unhappy mood.

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

Yeah, my guess is she was expressing her displeasure – she may not approve of being poked. Bunnies don’t bark or nip when they’re playing.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Playing? Or Angry?