Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums BONDING playing or scared?

This topic contains 4sd replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DarthVadar 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

DarthVadar
    Participant

I think my two bunnies Panda and Maisy are bonded (there is grooming, cuddling, they have an established pecking order) but Panda will still follow Maisy around and Maisy hops away. She doesn’t stomp, shriek, or grunt, or show any other signs of being scared of Panda. She flops with Panda in close proximity. Are they just playing, or could the not-quite-chasing become a problem later on?

DanaNM

When Panda follows, are his ears forward or back? And does it resolve on its own?

My Bun Jovi will slowly chase Bertha around about once every night or two, but his ears are forward, tail relaxed, so I think it’s him wanting to mount. But when she stops, he doesn’t mount. It usually only lasts about 30 sec or so, and they always end up cuddling and grooming each other right afterward. I was alarmed at first, but I think it’s just part of their relationship.

DarthVadar
    Participant

Ears are usually forward. I kept intervening at first, because i did not trust panda, but today i left them mostly to their own devices during bonding time. It went fine. I’m paranoid because Panda has a history of being evil so whenever she moves toward another rabbit I’m like CALL ANIMAL CONTROL. She did this with her former buddy, too.

Deleted User
    Participant

you should wait and keep patiente I suppose

DarthVadar
    Participant

They’re fully bonded and living in the same hutch now. The hutch they have is Panda’s (which she had not been living in during the bonding process, to make it a bit more neutral) so she was being a bit aggressive at first, but stopped after about 15-20 min.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.