Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Planning for new bun

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Tgbarber
      Participant
      85 posts Send Private Message

After reading about how much happier a pair can be over a single bun, I’m making plans to get a baby doe. I was planning on another buck but have read even neutered 2 males may still not get along. I didn’t want a doe because i didn’t want to have to go through spaying. Neutering was hard enough. I can’t imagine keeping a bun caged up for 2 weeks while healing. Also I’m a bit of a worrier so an invasive operation like spaying is worrying me.
        My breeder has an adorable doe now. But i passed because she’s all black. I feel so guilty to pass based on color. She looks so sweet. But i really had my heart set on a broken color. She has a litter due in a week so I’m hopeful.
        I’m so worried about the bonding, the spay and any unexpected things dealing with 2 buns. So much more litter to get rid of, boxes to clean. I hope i can handle it. I also hope theo becomes happier. His constant peeing and pooping on the sofa is driving me nuts. It will stop for a few days and i will think he’s over it and then he start again. Honestly i think he hears so many noises from upstairs that he is a little nervous. It’s anice finished basement, i wish it had more and bigger windows. But the basement is the only place i have to keep him. I have started leaving tv on low volume and that seems to help.
        I know this post is all over the place. Any feedback at all? Lol

• Limit
        Participant
        189 posts Send Private Message

I’m pro rescue, moreso than buying from breeders but that’s an opinion.

Rescues have lots of bunnies available and they don’t let them go unless they’re neutered/spayed and vaccinated so surely this would be an easier route?

I think choosing a rabbit on colour isn’t the right way to go, it should definitely be on personality and what will suit your current bun.

• tobyluv
          Participant
          3310 posts Send Private Message

In addition to rescues many shelters/humane societies spay and neuter their rabbits before adoption.

• Tgbarber
            Participant

Thanks for your input.

• Tgbarber
              Participant

Getting a rescue would certainly help with my concern over handling the spay. I’m taking Theo to the vet tomorrow so I’ll ask her for rescue organizations. I know she works with a lot. This jusy very well may be the way to go! Not sure why i didn’t think of it. I guess my experience with rescue is they come with so many issues. But I’m going to investigate this option immediately. Thanks

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Planning for new bun