Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Pixel went insane! smashing head against cage! very, very scared.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • The Rabbit
      Participant
      183 posts Send Private Message

After my Rabbit bonding session last night, my Male, Pixel was getting antsy. he started chewing everything in his cage in sight, and rattling the bars. He was in one with the cubes. all night I woke up to boughts of this. Then, this morning I heard a lond noise. This was really, really, frightening. Pixel was bashing his head against the walls. running back and forth just smashing himself in. I tried to grab his and he seemed so frantic. I got him and calmed him down.

This was really, really, frightening.

Why did he do this? was he trying to get to Zelda or is possibly sick??

and in the process his water bottle fell down. the metal part that attaches it is now missing. I can’t find it anywhere. how can I reattach it? He needs water, but the thing is completely missing. I made his cage bigger by just using the x-pen. I looked on the cubes, on the floor, under the carboard bottom, under the hay, it’s just gone!

• Minty
        Participant
        338 posts Send Private Message

He probably just didn’t want to be confined… Frankie runs around in the mornings and rattles his cage when he wants to be let out. Until you get a water bottle you can give them a bowl of water.

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

Just use some wire or a large zip tie to attach the bottle. Or give him a bowl.

How is he this morning? Is Zelda beside his habitat?

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

Are you sure he wasn’t playing or doing bunny zooms in the space? My buns will sometimes whip around the pen before I let them out and they crash into the sides sometimes and keep going…

• Minty
              Participant
              338 posts Send Private Message

Yes, my bunnies do the same as Beka’s. Maybe it looked like he was freaking out but he was really just binkying and running around?

• The Rabbit
                Participant

No. I’m sure this was something else. he was visibly distraught. he will rattle cage bars, but he wasn’t binkying. he was running into the side of the cage and ramming his head against it. When I picked him up he was panting so hard I thought he was going to explode. Binkying is a fun thing, and this looked absolutely terrifying. His nose turned really pink too, but it’s started to settle down. He’s been in his cage now, with Zelda in hers next to him.

• Binkles
                  Participant
                  823 posts Send Private Message

I think it’s very possible that he wanted to get to his bunny friend. I know that ever since Peter and Little-Bit have become close Peter HATES it when I separate them. He grabs the bars of his x-pen with his teeth and shakes it violently, and he tries to get past me whenever I enter his pen. I think it’s adorable. <3

• The Rabbit
                    Participant

Thanks. I tried another bonding session. I guess they sensed how scared I had been because there was a set back. He calmed down, and is enjoying lounging in his cage near her (with her in her cage).

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Pixel went insane! smashing head against cage! very, very scared.