Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Pippi

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author
    • Gina.Jenny
      Participant
      2244 posts Send Private Message

It is with great sadness that I have to let you all know that Pippi passed away peacefully in his afternoon sleep, I’ve just come downstairs to a distraught Jenny. 

No doubt Pippi is reunited with Rusty on the other side of the rainbow bridge by now, Poor Jenny is inconsolable, she won’t let me touch her…. 

Pippi would have only been just over four and a half years old, still far too young…

• Bam
        16835 posts Send Private Message

Oh, no, GJ! I’m shocked to read this. Pippi was way too young. I don’t understand it =( Poor Jenny!

Sweet, friendly little peacemaker Pippi, I hope you’re binkying free with Rusty now.

• Vienna Blue in France
          Participant
          5317 posts Send Private Message

Oh no G.J.!!
            I am so very very sorry. How sad.
            It just goes to show with the best love and care, anything can happen.
            Everybody, give your buns a huuuge hug. Right now!

And to you too, G.J. a big hug from me.
            ((((((( binky free sweet Pippi ))))))

• Gordo and Janice
            Participant
            703 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry for your sudden loss. I relate to Jenny’s being inconsolable. I remember holding on to my little girl for hours. No one could pry her from my arms, until I was ready to give her away. Pippi was way too young. I suppose the smallest silver lining was that it was peaceful in his sleep. But along with bam, I just don’t understand it.

In my thoughts.

Binky free {{{Pippi}}}

• Phil
              Participant
              239 posts Send Private Message

Very sad news, at least he wasn’t in pain, still must be such a shock. Rip Pippi

• Deleted User
                Participant
                22064 posts Send Private Message

So much sadness in the BB community lately. I’m so sorry GJ. Binky Free Pippi

• Gina.Jenny
                  Participant

poor jenny is looking all over for pippi, in spite of being left with the body for a while.
                    she has finally calmed down a little and has just come over asking for head rubs…

• Gordo and Janice
                    Participant

Ohhhh…inconsolable rabbit (Jenny). Sorry. I haven’t been a member long enough to know who is who and who is what. When you said inconsolable and not letting you touch her, I immediately pictured a young girl (a human Jenny) not letting you touch the rabbit (Pippi). But Pippi is a boy. Maybe suconsciously since Pippi was the rabbit I assumed Gina and Jenny were the two human bunny guardians. And because of the way I reacted with my bunny I jumped to the same conclusion. Regardless, I let my mind cruse on autopilot and misinterpret the whole scene. Sorry.

Still immensely sorry for your loss of Pippi. Just wanted to apologize for not knowing or paying attention to what I was talking about and commenting so ridiculously. Embarrassed to be so careless at such an emotional time for you.

• Gina.Jenny
                      Participant

No need to apologise, I realised your mistake and kind intentions and was just grateful for the kind support
                        The username Gina Jenny comes from when I joined, as I joined when I took on two totally feral sisters my sons and I caught abandoned shortly after Easter three years ago. Jenny was bonded to a very gentle Pippi who lost his bonded bun friend shortly after I took the girls on. Jenny nearly died of hypothermia post spay, it was only snuggling into Pippi’s warm safe side that pulled her through, and Pippi was definitely her knight in shining armour and she was so glad after living wild to have such a big brave knight to keep her feeling safe and protected. He was probably one of the gentlest bunnies the forum has ever had too, and she welcomed his calming presence as she recovered from the ordeal of living feral. Gina was later bonded to another rescue, a boy called Podge, who likewise helped her recover from living feral, and I then adopted a third boy girl pair, Minstrel and Snickers, plus we have Latte our sole surviving Guinea pig. So a complex household, easy for even long standing members to confuse, and you are far from the first x

• Vienna Blue in France
                        Participant
                        5317 posts Send Private Message

How are you J ? (((( hugs ))))

• Gina.Jenny
                          Participant

Heartbroken (VB) tinged with comfort that for Pippi at least it was peaceful and the death you’d ask for any bun, though preferably at at twice the age he was. He was curled up just as he used to as a baby bun and looked so much like his baby self asleep, at least it is a nice final image to hold onto. It’s midnight, just been down to check on poor Jenny, she just doesn’t know what to do with herself…

• Gina.Jenny
                            Participant

Went down to check on poor Jenny, yes I know it’s stupid o’clock in the morning, to find poor Gina trying to wash the black spots off Podge’s back. That’s something she hasn’t done for around two years, so I’m guessing she’s affected too. Jenny still doesn’t know what to do with herself but has just taken a sprinkling of pellets. Will be struggling not to over treat her over the next few days, but I can’t, not given her tendencies to need gas drops occasionally, as the last thing she needs is an upset tum right now.

• LBJ10
                              16869 posts Send Private Message

So sorry to hear this! What a shock, Pippi was so young.

• Gina.Jenny
                                Participant

An awful shock and far too young

Jenny accepted maybe two minutes of head rubs this morning, then snarled…

• Bam
                                  16835 posts Send Private Message

Accepting a sprinkle of pellets and two minutes of head rubs sounds very hopeful. And snarling does sound like classic Jenny.

• Muchelle
                                    Participant
                                    1141 posts Send Private Message

GJ I’m so sorry I hope Jenny will be better soon too

• Gina.Jenny
                                      Participant

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxdwvD8ELN07bXdaSTlzSEZCZTQ

Rusty and Pippi experiencing sunshine and grass for the first time in their baby bun lives. The air was fresh and got up baby bun snozzles, making little snozzles sneeze, but they loved being out, Late Winter/Early Spring 14

• Sirius&Luna
                                        Participant
                                        2319 posts Send Private Message

What a shock, I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope Jenny gets back to her usual self soon.

• Gordo and Janice
                                          Participant

Thank you for being understanding and helping me to not feel like such a dolt. And thanks for the brief history to get me up to speed. Saw the video…it’s amazing how fast time goes, in general, let alone with the bunnies. Their lives are so short relative to ours. Of course every bunny is special and precious, but every so often an extraordinary one shows up. It sounds like Pippi was one of those. I notice bam called him the “little peacemaker”. It would have been such a pleasure to have met the little “Master of Gentleness”.

You and your whole crew are in my thoughts.

• Gina.Jenny
                                            Participant

He truly was the little peacemaker and master of gentleness. There are not many boy buns you could put an unfamiliar, recently spayed doe with without worry, but he was one, and he literally lay still and let her cuddle into him and heal over several days. Needless to say the tastiest of treats found their way under both noses at regular intervals during that week, which might have helped a little! Pippi loved his food. And he loved being outside in the garden.

• Hazel
                                              Participant
                                              2587 posts Send Private Message

GJ, I’m so sorry about Pippi.  He was way too young.

Binky free, Pippi!

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                18092 posts Send Private Message

I’m so very sorry for your loss. And sorry it took me so long to see this. We are in mourning together. It’s so hard to love a bunny so much. Big (((((hugs)))) to you.

You are right in that he had the most peaceful death. That is what I was hoping for my Bindi but not how it happened.

If you need to talk, my inbox is always open.

(((((Binky Free Pippi))))

• jerseygirl
                                                  22338 posts Send Private Message

I was so saddened to hear about your dear Pippi, GJ. Far too young. I’m so sorry.
                                                    Sending gentle head pets and nose scritches to little Jenny.
                                                    When I think of Pippi, I remember pictures him climbing into your hay closet to feast, cheeky boy. xx

***Binky Free, Pippi***

• DanaNM
                                                    8901 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry GJ, what an awful shock for all of you

I hope you and Jenny will be a comfort to each other.

(((Binky free Pippi)))

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• pinknfwuffy
                                                      Participant
                                                      660 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear this news. Heartbreaking. Lots of sweet thoughts of Pippi and hopeful prayers during Jenny’s time of grieving. She must feel very much the same way you do right now and I know you’ll give each other what you both need to get through this difficult time. Binky free, Pippi.

• Gina.Jenny
                                                        Participant

Posted By jerseygirl on 4/26/2018 10:55 PM

I was so saddened to hear about your dear Pippi, GJ. Far too young. I’m so sorry.
                                                          Sending gentle head pets and nose scritches to little Jenny.
                                                          When I think of Pippi, I remember pictures him climbing into your hay closet to feast, cheeky boy. xx

***Binky Free, Pippi***

This one? I meant to add pics to the thread, my heart hasn’t been in it 

• Gina.Jenny
                                                          Participant

and this one?

• Phil
                                                            Participant

What a beautiful bunny, it makes me so sad to hear about loosing such a special bunny, lifes not fair at all, dear little bunny x

• Ellie from The Netherlands
                                                              Participant
                                                              2512 posts Send Private Message

I’m very sorry to hear about the loss of Pippi Binky free sweet one!

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                                18092 posts Send Private Message

Such a beautiful bunny Pippi was.

I know, it’s really hard to look at pics. I want to find some nice pics of Bindi to print and put in my Memory Journal (I always write in the journal special memories, quotes etc after a bunny passes and include pics) but I haven’t been able to bring myself to do it yet. Still haven’t for Sterling either.

• DanaNM
                                                                  8901 posts Send Private Message

Posted By LittlePuffyTail on 5/01/2018 6:36 PM

Such a beautiful bunny Pippi was.

I know, it’s really hard to look at pics. I want to find some nice pics of Bindi to print and put in my Memory Journal (I always write in the journal special memories, quotes etc after a bunny passes and include pics) but I haven’t been able to bring myself to do it yet. Still haven’t for Sterling either.

It took me about 2 years to finally feel ready to do this for Bunston. I’m glad I waited until I was ready, because it filled me with nice memories of him, rather than being depressing. When the time is right you’ll do it! 

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Gina.Jenny
                                                                    Participant

• Phil
                                                                      Participant

How adorable its so sad to think their not here anymore. Xx

• Ellie from The Netherlands
                                                                        Participant
                                                                        2512 posts Send Private Message

Wow, those pics are amazing! He lived his life treated like bunny royalty, that’s for sure.

• Gina.Jenny
                                                                          Participant

Pippi was King <3

• Gina.Jenny
                                                                            Participant

Posted By Phil on 5/05/2018 10:32 AM

How adorable its so sad to think their not here anymore. Xx

It’s only Pippi, the grey bun, thats pssed, the others are all alive and well, even Jenny, his bonded bun seems to be coping better than I expected. I think It helps she has two pairs of buns near her 24/7…

• Phil
                                                                              Participant

Yes I was thinking of my Jasper too x

• Gina.Jenny
                                                                                Participant

Losing Pippi has bought Rusty back to mind, we bought Rusty and Pippi home together as 10 week olds, sadly Rusty died at less than two years old from a retrobulba mass, which was heartbreaking. I had just taken Gina and Jenny on then, two ferral juveniles, presumably dumped after Easter, as our local RSPCA was already at full rabbit capacity and literally had nowhere to put them and begged us to keep them. I won’t be getting another bun to bond with Jenny though, Jenny will have to manage with the other four through the bars for company. Jenny was in a bad way back then, and needed so much care that I didn’t have time to grieve properly for him, and its almost like the grief for Rusty is really only now fully coming out, along with the grief for Pippi  

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                  Participant

Sorry to hear that your having some Rusty issues along with the loss of “The Peacemaker”. Love his nicknames. But I must say you have some really wonderful pics of the crew. Thank you for sharing. Those are absolutely great photos. The “picture is worth a thousand words” definitely applies.

In my thoughts…

Viewing 38 reply threads
                                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Pippi