Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Phone book

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyLiz
      Participant
      1212 posts Send Private Message

They have to be all white right?  Not the YellowPages? Because those pages are all dyed yellow.  We got a differnet version of YellowPages this week called YellowBook so I was going to give it to the buns but wasnt sure if the colored ones were safe.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

I’m like a hundred and ten percent sure yellow pages are safe too! I’d never thought about it, but mine have all eaten their share of the yellowpages too!

• BunnyLiz
          Participant

Thats a relief! Ive been trying to give Rose tons of time consuming things. She gets bored and takes it out on her litter box or bowls. Almost everyday she pushes all the litter out of her box and shreds the newspaper on the bottom! Or she throws her empty food bowls, chipped one lol. So maybe the phone book will help keep her happy and busy.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant

You could also ziptie some cardboard on the sides of her cage-thats really good for crazy chewers!

• BunnyLiz
              Participant

^^lol been there, done that. I weaved long strips through the bars. Had no effect on her behavior lol

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                Participant

What about giving her a HUGE pile of shredded paper to attack?

• BunnyLiz
                  Participant

^^ a diggy box might be good for her. Ill buy a basket and get going on the paper shredding as well. Thanks!

• Moonlight_Wolf
                    Participant
                    1155 posts Send Private Message

Wait, so phone books ARE safe? Is all the ink in ALL the phone books safe? I am dying to give fern one, but I need lots of confirmations that it is safe first.

• BunnyLiz
                      Participant

Yea the ink is made with something… corn maybe? for some reason im thinkin corn…. thats safe for buns

• BunnyLiz
                        Participant

O boy! they love them! they are actively digging and ripping!!!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                          Participant

Soy based ink, totally safe-go for it

• Beka27
                            Participant
                            16016 posts Send Private Message

phone books are awesome! i rip off the front and back glossy covers and give them the inside pages… they love them. and yes, i give mine both the white and yellow. fortunately i have the online phone book website bookmarked on my computer, or else i’d never find anything…

• BunnyLiz
                              Participant

My mom works a second job as a cleaning person with her friend who owns the business. Anyway they brought me 12 phone books yesterday lol. The office they were cleaning that day had a huge pill of old phone books to go to the dumpster lol. One persons trash is another persons treasure!!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                Participant

I *thought* I’d only given the buns our extra phone books (we live in an apartment building so they put STACKS of phone books in the entrance…So I helped myself to a couple of extras for buns…

You’ll have to remember that neither I nor Dave cook and are also lazy…

Sooo we are wanting to order Chinese the other night…and we can’t find a phonebook to save ourselves, apparently I’ve fed them all to the buns (I also shred the pages from the phonebook to give them in their diggy boxes).

The only way we knew the chinese place we like was by their full color ad in the yellowpages, so there was no looking it up online!! It was a sad night!!

• hooty22
                                  Participant
                                  606 posts Send Private Message

Oh man Felony loves paper. I think he could live on a paper only diet!. I don’t think I own a book that doesn’t have scalloped edges now….

• Cassi&Charlie
                                    Participant
                                    1260 posts Send Private Message

K&K, we’ve done the same thing. our internet was down for ages and we were trying to find phone numbers in the half eaten yellow pages. Fortunately they hadn’t shredded as far as T (Take away) at that point, so we didn’t starve

• beaniebunbun
                                      Participant
                                      6 posts Send Private Message

I was wondering about bunbuns ripping up phone books

Beaniebunbun

• Beka27
                                        Participant
                                        16016 posts Send Private Message

ya know K&K…you could get an xacto (razor) knife and just slice out the restaurant pages you’ll need along the binding and staple them together. i doubt the buns would miss 20 pages… or pick up take-out menus. i have an actual folder that’s just all local restaurant menus.

• FluffyBunny
                                          Participant
                                          1263 posts Send Private Message

I gave Mr. Bunny a phone book…Left it in his cage overnight…Went down in the morning and he had torn it up and PEED in it D: Just as he was getting the hang of the litterbox…

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Phone book