Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Pellets?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • bunnytowne
      Participant
      7537 posts Send Private Message

I am wondering  which rabbit pellets does not have corn soy or wheat in it? does anyone know

Corn is a big allergen for people and perhaps some buns too.   I am feeding ZUpreem it doesn’t have soy or wheat but it has corn.

Maybe I should continue with Zupreem and maybe it isn’t even allergies bothering cotton .  

Just wondering though about pellets

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

I checked American Pet Diner and they have soy. The Oxbow has wheat and soy.

So does Sweet Meadow Farms.

Seems like Purina does too.

There may not be any out there that don’t have these ingredients.

• FluffyBunny
          Participant
          1263 posts Send Private Message

Kaytee Timothy Complete also has wheat and soy. I don’t think you’ll be able to find pellets without one of those ingredients.

• bunnytowne
            Participant
            7537 posts Send Private Message

oh I see  so if I want no soy or wheat I stick with zupreem   if I don’t want corn those have soy or wheat or both.  

Oh well….   

I know for sure Cotton likes kaytee timothy a lot.  Not sure if he even has allergies though.  We can go back to it and see if the problem reoccurs.

• bunnycutie
              Participant
              549 posts Send Private Message

maybe if things like this might be contributing to cottons lip problem! break thourough! haha lol. no, really, im being serious! try taking him on a veggie and hay only diet for a few weeks and see if his lips get better or goes away!!!!!! a lady down the street has a dog thts allergic to wheat thats in dog food. so he eats fruits and veggies instead. hes kinda physo. but no really try it! veggies and hay ONLY just for 2 or 3 weeks. pleeeeeeeease! please please please please please for cottons sake! this might fix it! hi-ya! kung fo power!

• KatnipCrzy
                Participant
                2981 posts Send Private Message

It can be common to find grain allergies in dogs so they need to adjust their diet accordingly- and feed foods that do not have any grain.

But a rabbit is so different in what they eat in general- that is why you are finding, wheat, soy and corn in the pellets- and you are probably also finding reasons why “their” ingredients are awesome as opposed to other ingredients.  But when you look on those websites- you are then told how THEIR pellets are superior because they contain no X ingredient.

I would be sure to check with Cotton’s vet about a diet change- diet trials usually need to last about 90 days (at least in dogs and cats) to see if it is really the diet change that is making a difference.  Does the vet suspect food allergy?

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Pellets?