Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE pellets

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • jpgood
      Participant
      84 posts Send Private Message

What brand of pellets should we be giving shadow?  She’s almost 1, I think it’s fiesta brand (timothy based).  We have started to cut that back give her 1/4 cup once a day.  Romain (morning, evening and around 8- 8:30p) baby carrot (1-2)(2 times) and mint or cilantro.

Also she has a “double chin” is that fat or fur.  I don’t think she is chunky, I couldn’t tell you her scale weight.  We haven’t gone to a vet in a few months, I know we should. Last time she was 5lbs.

• osprey
        Participant
        2065 posts Send Private Message

I like the Oxbow Bunny Basics/T for adult bunnies, but I think the Zupreem and American Pet Diner pellets are good too.  Kaytee also makes a timothy pellet for house rabbits, but I have not used that one, I do not know much about it.  The best thing to do is to look at the ingredients (make sure little or now alfalfa or “lucerne” hay is used) and also look at the guaranteed nutritional analysis.  You want a pellet that is at least 25% fiber and at most 14% protein.

• Floppy
          Participant
          490 posts Send Private Message

Oxbow for pellets over here and then American Pet Diner 2nd cut for hay since Floppy is so picky w his hay.

• rabbitsmba
            Participant
            475 posts Send Private Message

If you live in Canada, I highly recommend Martin Mills Less Active timothy-based pellets. I have yet to meet a bunny who doesn’t love them – and they are high-quality and very healthy for your bunny.

• jpgood
              Participant
              84 posts Send Private Message

no CT.

• JodiM
                Participant
                99 posts Send Private Message
                  Posted By rabbitsmba on 05/09/2008 12:33 PM
                  If you live in Canada, I highly recommend Martin Mills Less Active timothy-based pellets. I have yet to meet a bunny who doesn’t love them – and they are high-quality and very healthy for your bunny.

I went to my local pet valu I think  it is and the lady working told me there was no such thing as a timothy based pellet by Martin Mills! So she’s full of Poo!! The one I’m feeding both my rabbits is by Martin Mills but it does have alfalfa not timothy!

• Scarlet_Rose
                  Participant
                  4293 posts Send Private Message

Fiesta mix is not good for your rabbit, all the nuts, seeds and junk are not good for them so that may not be the one you are giving (that’s the easiest way to tell).  The double-chin is common in females and doesn’t necessarily mean that they are “fat.”  Here are some guidelines to check out: https://binkybunny.com/BUNNYINFO/Diet/tabid/60/Default.aspx

What you really want is a good-quality timothy-based pellet like some of the ones already suggested, Oxbow, American Pet Diner etc.

• rabbitsmba
                    Participant
                    475 posts Send Private Message

Yes, Martin Mills has regular pellets and Less-Active…here is a link to them on their website…

http://www.martinmills.com/littleRabbitLessActive.htm

We volunteer for Rabbit Rescue and our rescued rabbits were the actual test bunnies for the food.  Here is a flyer, featuring founder and executive director of Rabbit Rescue, my friend Haviva!  These flyers were distributed to various pet stores – I guess your Pet Valu didn’t get them!  Print it out and walk in, show it to her and ask her to order some!

http://www.marbro.com/imagesLittle/rabbitFoodPartnersInExcellence02_08.pdf

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE pellets