Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR PEE/POOP MONSTER

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

Luey generally has the run of the house with the exception of the bedrooms and laundry.  I have a gate up the hallway which leads into those areas he is not allowed.  He has taken to peeing and pooping excessively near the gate … like huge puddles which is left for Mum to clean up when he has gone back into his own ‘bedroom’ for the night.

Luey does not pee anywhere around the house except that area … he may do a few stray poops here and there but that is expected.

Should I perhaps put another littertray or 2 down near the gate where he tends to do his business.

Another thing Luey does is when I am cleaning out the piggy cages and he is out, he poops and pees around my feet until I have finished.  Oh boy, perhaps I should leave him in his pen until I have finished doing the piggies.  That would make logic sense!  Duuhhhhhhhhhhh!

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

Hi Dawn! It’s typical for bunnies to mark near and entrance or exit, and/or around borders, but I wonder why he is all of sudden doing that. Is the gate new?

Either way, I say yes, good idea about putting down a litterbox where he is marking by the gate. I know it’s a pain – who wants another litterbox to deal with, but at least it would be better than having to deal with puddles on the floor.

let us know if that works!

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

I think Luey is just one big Pain sometimes!

I used to let him in the computer room when I was in there … but because of his marking I put the gate up … the gate has been there now for a few weeks.  If I am in the computer room he can see me through the gate, but generally he goes up the hallway when I let him out, even if I am not in the comp room.  Maybe its because he was initially allowed in the comp room and now he has been banned.  Oh heck knows!

I will try another tray … the poops I can live with but the puddles I just can’t.

Do rabbits get possessive of their human slaves if they don’t have another bunny in the house … I was thinking this when I am attending to the piggies … Luey will circle me pooping and peeing like mad until I have finished the piggy cage cleaning.  He will generally relax when I eventually sit down and then he does not even come near me … just sits on the side of his pen and looks over.  He is weird sometimes.

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

I do beleive that single rabbits are more posessive with their humans as you are basically their companion and social life. I too agree that another litterbox would be worth a try.

• babybunsmum
              Participant
              3896 posts Send Private Message

since miss pinky has joined my crew, lil miss baby gets babygated into her room in the during pinky’s ‘free roam’ time and she leaves puddles & poos at the gate too.  i already had a few litters going so i got lazy & i just lay a fresh newspaper section down for her to pee on each time i enclose her this way.  she sits on it in protest as well & so it gives her something to shred other than trying to chew thru the plastic gate.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR PEE/POOP MONSTER