Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Peeled natural grape vine

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Moonlightbunny66
      Participant
      694 posts Send Private Message

Someone’s post reminded me of the peeled grape vine balls and shapes. Are these safe? I’ve given them to my bunnies before (I thought they were just wood…) and they were fine but destroyed them easily lol! I saw them on the binky bunny store so they’re totally safe? I want some new toys for the bunnies!

• Moonlightbunny66
        Participant

I also found some kids play tunnels on AliExpress that I think would fit Muffin. Would these be safe? I’m just concerned Pinky would chew it because he’s always interested in chewing their fabric carrier when I pull it out.

• Moonlightbunny66
          Participant

I think this might be a totally stupid question asking if they’re safe. 😆 I’m just really picky with the toys I buy lol. Just didn’t know if there’s any risks that comes with them!

• DanaNM
            8901 posts Send Private Message

Several sources say that grape vine and leaves are safe, as long as there are no pesticide residues.

As far as the tunnels go, it depends on if they chew them! My buns had a cat tunnel that I think was the jackson galaxy brand and they left it alone for the most part (an occasional nibble but nothing major). But then I got a new one that I didn’t realize was crinkly and they immediately tried to chew it, so I removed it! So prob worth a try to see if they will mess with it or not. I imagine ones for kids might be very large though, so the cat tunnels might be more fun for them.

Now they have a concrete building form tube (from the hardware store) with the inner lining removed. They are cardboard so it’s safe if they chew it and I don’t have to worry.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Moonlightbunny66
              Participant

Thanks DanaNM! I wasn’t sure if Muffin would even try to get into a cat tunnel since they’re small. They won’t go into hidey houses that are a bit smaller than them! I ordered a kids tunnel so I guess we’ll see how it goes. 😆 If they don’t like it then the cats can play with it and maybe I’ll look at those concrete tubes!

• DanaNM
                8901 posts Send Private Message

Sounds like a plan! The concrete tubes are nice because they come in different sizes.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Peeled natural grape vine