Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Peeing on Hubby

• This topic has 4sd replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Jyka.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Rachelle
      Participant
      11 posts Send Private Message

I read the other posts on bunnies peeing on people, but this is a little different…

Our bunny is a little over 2 months old now. He’s doing great with litter training. I hold him a LOT, hours at a time. He has never peed or pooped on me. My husband has held him a few times, and he has peed on him 3 times!! This last time, hubby was sitting in the recliner and the bunny climbed up onto his shoulder and peed ALL over him! He has never peed on anyone else, so I don’t know what to think.

I am the only female in my house. Kids are boys, cat, dog and bunny are boys, hubby (obviously) is a guy. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for your help.   :o)

• babybunsmum
        Participant
        3896 posts Send Private Message

hmm… i’m wondering if – since your bun doesn’t run away from you when you hold him – he is bonded to you most strongly and so is trying to dominate your hubby maybe?  he’ll only mark your hubby because he’s ‘claiming’ him.  or it could be the beginnng of marking behaviour… can i assume your bun is not neutered yet?  i always forget what age neutering can happen at.

• Rachelle
          Participant
          11 posts Send Private Message

No, he’s not neutered. Our vet said at 6 months she would do it.

Our bunny (BunJovi) LOVES to be cuddled, the kids hold him and he snuggles and “kisses”. I carry him around the house all the time and he just goes wherever I take him. I even vacuum while I hold him. LOL

It’s just so weird that he’s peeing on my hubby. LOL It’s funny, but I try really hard not to laugh. ;o) Other than that he’s an awesome little guy!

• babybunsmum
            Participant
            3896 posts Send Private Message

aww what a sweetie pie.  bunjovi… what a hilarious name   love it!

i would have a hard time not pointing & laughing in your situation.  lol.  yeah it really seems like a ‘claiming territory’ thing to me.  i couldn’t hold my dear old bun who was named binky without having a towel under him.  he ALWAYS peed on me (and wasn’t neutered).  the good news is that his neuter will likely stop that so tell you your hubby – inbetween stiffled laughs – to hang in there for another few months. 

• Jyka
              Participant
              111 posts Send Private Message

Maybe you should get your hubby neutered? Hee hee

Seriously though…I think your bun is telling hubby who is boss in the house. A neutered bun should hopefully help.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Peeing on Hubby