Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR pee problem

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Brandi
      Participant
      10 posts Send Private Message

could someone tell me what to do about this one: okay. i am having yet another problem with craisin. he pees in the corner of the cage…i dont get it. plus i have hardwood floors so after i clean it up it leaves a black mark on the floor. pee has gotten on my wall too. its gross to clean up. what should i do to stop this?

• Toki+Pumpkin+Elmo
        Participant
        319 posts Send Private Message

I have a problem of pee getting on the walls too. I never understood how a rabbit could pee against the wall like a dog. It gets so messy and stinky.

• JK
          Participant
          2223 posts Send Private Message

I have a large piece of linoleum under my cage that goes up the wall several inches to protect my hardwood floors and the walls. I have done this on all 3 sides of the cage. I’m assuming you have put the litter box in this corner where he is peeing? Maybe getting a bigger litter box would help. Also, make sure you are using something like Nature’s Miracle to clean up the pee so that the bun is not attracted to the same place!

• Lo
            Participant
            56 posts Send Private Message

hi crasinsmom – you might also want to try a littler box that sits in the corner and has a high back. I switched a few weeks ago and haven’t had any more pee on the floor/wall

12156505071.jpg

• Gravehearted
              Participant
              2428 posts Send Private Message

we have a chair mat under the cage, which really helps protect the floor. I also recommend the high-back litter box or even a covered litterbox to stop the mess on the wall. you can use vinegar diluted with water to clean it up.

• kimberleyanddarren
                Participant
                2520 posts Send Private Message

white vinegar would help remove the smell although your bunny may not like the smell of it a high edge litter tray would be good although ive heard people say bunnies dont like the completely covered ones.

• RabbitPam
                  11002 posts Send Private Message

Aha!
                    Google “urine guard”. I thought I saw these for sale. They attach to your cage and “prevent overspill” on your walls.
                    There are several brands and sites advertising them including amazon. Not sure which would be a good fit, but check it out.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR pee problem