Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Paranoia… or not?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Moonlight_Wolf
      Participant
      1155 posts Send Private Message

Hi I was wondering, My bunny Fern was acting weird today, like she was afraid of me.

I went to greet her and she just kind of ran away and hid in a corner, she was acting perfectly fine this morning, friendly, doing flops and everything, just now she seemed to only want to hide.

It might have been that she was a bit frightened because the dogs went on a barking spree because they saw a deer outside. But she is all the way upstairs, do you think the dogs would scare her from that distance? 

I also saw some small poos next to her hay (where she usually does a few. ) There were some small ones and some normal sized ones.

She ate some pellots, but not as eagerly as she normally does. Is she just spooked because of the dogs?

Am I overanalyzing everything? Is she alright?

• jerseygirl
        22345 posts Send Private Message

Time will tell and you’ve done the right thing keeping eye on the poops. Sounds like a scare. Sit close by and read or doing something non intimidating and see whether she comes up to you. I’ve found my rabbit in strange moods before but she comes around. Sometimes she’ll be really cautious, ears forward, walking on eggshells. I’m never quite sure what has spooked her.

Keep us posted.

• MooBunnay
          Participant
          3087 posts Send Private Message

My bunnies do that sometimes too, they will act just a bit off and then a couple hours later will be hopping around as if nothing was ever wrong – as jerseygirl said, time will tell, just periodically try to feed her a small treat or piece of veg or pellet to see if she is still eating.

• Moonlight_Wolf
            Participant
            1155 posts Send Private Message

Yea I just went up to see her and she greeted me as usual. Yay! I guess I am paranoid. But paranoia is better than not paying attention to the unusual things, better safe than sorry. Thanks for your help. I am glad I have this site to turn to when something comes up. I used to ask questions on Yahoo.com but they were not all rabbit savvy. I love Fern dearly and I don’t want anything bad to happen.

• Deleted User
              Participant
              22064 posts Send Private Message

Moonlight, glad to hear she is back to normal. Buns are funny. I had a similar scare last week. Shadow would not come to the baby gate for his last rubs before I left for work. He would not look at me and when I went in the room he ran under the dresser & I had a baby carrot!. It was not his normal, come and chase me games. I was in a panic and left a baby carrot in his dish and left the area. The little bugger came out, ate it and then tried to shake me down for more. Just a case of bun-a-tude. He forgave me for whatever offense I committed and was back to his old self.

But you are absolutely right to question any change in behavior. If it continued it would be a sign.

• LittlePuffyTail
                18092 posts Send Private Message

I would assume your bun was scared of the dogs barking. Once in a while I will go into the rabbit room and Bindi will be just sitting there, sort of tranced, he won’t take treats or look at me. He will look like he had a big spook, from what I’m not sure. I pick him up and cuddle him a little bit (with lots of baby talk ) and he always comes around in a few minutes. My mini-rex, Stormy, used to do the same thing when Mom’s shih-tzu would come over. The sound of her sniffing around the room would totally paralyze him (she is now banned from the rabbit room!)

You have to remember that rabbits are prey animals and they are always alert and listening for noises. They can be scared of things we can’t even detect.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Paranoia… or not?