Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Papaya tablets….???

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    • Kokaneeandkahlua
      Participant
      12067 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone…

Where do you buy papaya tablets from??? I’ve never seen them in the stores and they are super expensive for shipping on ebay…Even if it’s an american store, I could try to order from them…Any answer is totally appreciated! I really want some (so do the bunnies )!!

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

Have you tried a local health food store or vitamin store? Are you in Canada?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
          Participant

*grumble grumble* yes, I’m in canada…so the papaya tablets you guys feed aren’t especially for rabbits? or…? sigh…

• Sarita
            Participant
            18851 posts Send Private Message

The ones I have are from Oxbow.

Here’s a link for Canadian distributors of Oxbow.

http://www.oxbowhay.com/link.sp

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant

Thanks!! (*Kokanee and Kahlua say thanks too!)

• JessL
                Participant
                48 posts Send Private Message

The only papaya tablets I can find here are papaya enzymes.. are they the same?

• Gravehearted
                  Participant
                  2428 posts Send Private Message

well the rabbit specific ones are papaya and pineapple enzymes.

part of the reason we recommend the oxbow ones is the some of the kinds sold for people have added sugar. If you can find them without sugar they’d be find to give your bunny. below are the ingredients to help you figure out what might work from the health food store.

Papaya powder, Pineapple powder, Stearic acid (as a tablet-releasing aid), FD&C Yellow #6 (food coloring), and a Microcyrstalline cellulose binder.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                    Participant

I actually found a papaya last night in the store! I’ve been looking forever (near the tropical fruit, had no idea what a papaya looked like)

I took it home and it yielded tonnes of papaya, I looked up how to freeze them and chopped it all up last night and froze most of it. I gave them a bit last night and after turning their noses up at the five dollar fruit, they finally had some!

• Scarlet_Rose
                      Participant
                      4293 posts Send Private Message

Oh yeah, it’s crazy expensive fresh. That’s why I usually opt for dried or tablet form.  That’ great they ate it! Be sure to scrape out the back seeds from the center (you probably already know that). It tastes really good with a squeeze of lime!

• wabbitlove
                        Participant
                        54 posts Send Private Message

This is probably an obvious reply, but I just ordered mine from binkybunny.com!

They came the very next day (ordered on Sat., got here on Mon.) and didn’t even have to pay extra shipping. So, that’s my recommendation

• BB Administrator
                          Keymaster
                          392 posts Send Private Message

Oh hey wabbitlove, so you must have been the one that ordered only papaya or at least that and something else that was small. Can’t remember right off the top of my head.  Glad it got there so fast. Yeah!  Ya just never know with the Holidays

Just a note for anyone. Wabbitlove’s was a special case. We usually just send USPS parcel post, but if someone orders a small and light product (for example a couple of a papaya bottles, or just one and a toy), then i will check Priority as their rates are usually only a couple of cents more when it is small and light. If it’s not much more, I just send it that way, but I can ONLY do that if it’s small and light. If someone orders a tent, or a mini-bale of hay, then Priority is out of the question because they upped their rates so much (over  100% with Priority) when weight and size gets higher.

We’ll be soon switching to Fedex Ground which is cheaper and faster than regular parcel post.

Anyway, thanks wabbitlove for the kudos, I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows,  I can’t gaurantee 2 day shipping on everything.

Helloworld!!

• Floppy
                            Participant
                            490 posts Send Private Message

How old can a bunny be before they can eat papaya tablets?
                              My floppy eats them, but I think I started giving them to him when he was
                              about 5 months? He gets 2 a day usually, but Lola my boyfriends bunny is
                              about 7-8 weeks. When can she start having papaya tablets?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                              Participant

I know…but I can’t order from here b/c they can’t ship to Canada yet…I emailed the oxbow people and they will ship to me!! Specially, just because there are no distributers in Alberta and the website doesn’t ship to canada…But trust me as soon as this site can ship to Canada, I will exclusively order from here!!

Sorry floppy, I dont’ know, but I’m sure someone else will!

• Gravehearted
                                Participant
                                2428 posts Send Private Message

Floppy, I’m not sure. I know the HRS site doesn’t recommend treats prior to 7 months, and since they’re considered a treat it’s likely to wait until then.

Kokaneeandkahlua – I’m happy to hear they’ll ship them to Canada for you 🙂

• wabbitlove
                                  Participant
                                  54 posts Send Private Message

yes, that was so great to get them so fast! it’s cool that you guys would do that for the really small, light packages.. we were counting out the papaya tablets we already had until the new ones came, but they came so fast that now our bunnies didn’t have to miss out at all.. haha.. they’re so spoiled

• Floppy
                                    Participant
                                    490 posts Send Private Message

7 months, ok got it. I was looking on HRS but I guess I missed that! Thanks Gravehearted!

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Papaya tablets….???