Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR pancake pees in his food bowl.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • Pancake
      Participant
      90 posts Send Private Message

Pancake keeps peeing and sometimes pooping in his food bowl when it’s empty.  You think it’s beacus his litterbox gets dirty?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

It could be..They are very clean and if the litterbox isn’t ‘up to par’ , they will poop elsewhere…
          Pancake may be doing it to say “this is mine!!” as they often poop or pee to be territorial…
          Or…He may be expressing his disgust with having an empty food dish! Maybe he’s a little piggy!

• Sarita
          Participant
          18851 posts Send Private Message

I would try to find one of those bowls that you can attach to the side of his cage that you can place a little higher than the floor. Another one of our forum members had this exact same problem with her rabbit. If it’s a young rabbit it’s just a control issue sometimes.

• xnovalentine
            Participant
            309 posts Send Private Message

it was my lullabelle who was also peeing in her food bowl and i took the advice of the forum members and purchased a food bowl that screws to the side of the cage as well as a hay rack to place by the litter box. Lulla has not peed in her food since! Obviously because she cannot reach her bum that high! It definetly worked for lulla so perhaps it would work for you, try it!

• Pancake
              Participant

yeah, that’s a good idea, I might just wait a while and see what he does. You’re right kokaneeandkahlua I think he is a little piggy everytime I get him out he goes for his food and eats hay out of the bag!! and if his pelets are close enough he’ll try to open it and try to get me to lol. But maybe I should just get the stuff to hang everything.

• Pancake
                Participant

sorry, I acenently posted twice!

• Scarlet_Rose
                  Participant
                  4293 posts Send Private Message

No worries, I took care of it!  It sounds like you’ve gotten some great advice, let us know if you have any more questions about it though!

• Pancake
                    Participant

THANKS!!!

• Scarlet_Rose
                      Participant
                      4293 posts Send Private Message

You’re welcome!

• Hannah
                        Participant
                        274 posts Send Private Message

Humphrey did that one night when I got back to my room really late– he didn’t get his pellets on time! He doesn’t even pee near the dish if there’s food in it… so I wouln’t be too surprised if that’s a “why is this empty, slave” move.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR pancake pees in his food bowl.