Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Pancake castrated today!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Alex <3 Pancake
      Participant
      14 posts Send Private Message

Hi All!

Just an update on Pancake.

He is back home from his opp today and the vet sais everything went well. He is far from his usual self but is eating and going to the loo so all is good.

I can’t remember worrying so much about my first rabbit, Stewart when he had his bits off but my vet back then didn’t explain much and he was 2 years instead of 6 months.

My partner liked the fact that he sat still on my lap for cuddles when I brought him home! ( I did tell him he would be back to being naughty soon). Hopefully when he has got his hormones out of his system he will not want to chew EVERYTHING and calm down a little.

I was so worried about him all day! And I’m out checking on him all the time. If he is a good bunny, maybe he can move in the house! (I live in hope lol)

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

That’s great! Age and neutering will help calm him down. Let us know how everything progresses with getting Pancake inside.

• Gravehearted
          Participant
          2428 posts Send Private Message

Kudos to you for having him neutered. Glad to hear he’s making a good recovery and is already eating and going potty – that’s a great sign.

You’ll want to limit his activity for several days while he’s recovering. It also can be nice to add some very soft fabric for him to lay on.

I do sincerely hope you’ll be able to bring him inside.

• Alex <3 Pancake
            Participant
            14 posts Send Private Message

He has a soft towel to lay on (not sure how much will be left in the morning!) and his fluffy beds and plenty of hay to keep him warm and something to munch on.

Looking at him I was supprised at how clean the incisons are. Glad I have a good vet!

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant
              4293 posts Send Private Message

That’s great pancacke is doing so well!

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

((((((((((Quick Healing Vibes for Pancake))))))))))))

glad to hear everything went well!  Meadow will be going in in the very near future.  i’m a little bit scared to make her appt tho.  she’s my baby girl…  you know how it is being a mommy.

• Floppy
                  Participant
                  490 posts Send Private Message

Oh boy do I know everything about that! My baby got neutered, theres a long

thread about him being neutered because I was being such a worried wreck!

He healed up just fine though, back to his normal self in about 2-3 days.

• xirishsweetheartx
                    Participant
                    70 posts Send Private Message

My new bunny is getting neutered next wednesday and hearing how well your bunnys went. Makes me a little less nervous. I’m very happy all went well with his surgery.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Pancake castrated today!