Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Pacey and Marshmallow

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sonn
      Participant
      1810 posts Send Private Message

In about a week I am going to begin bonding Pacey and Marshmallow. Even though they have had regular out time together with few incidences I am still super nervous about Bond Bonding them lol. I am not really nervous about the begininng since well they have 10-30 minutes together about 3 times a week. I am more nervous when it comes to the time for me to try them both in the same cage since both are VERY territorial when it comes to “their space”. For about a month Pacey can go anywhere near Marshmallows cage and he leaves with a chunk of hair missing and visa versa.  But outside the pens they are basically velcroed to one another.

But I am going to give it a whirl and hopefully everything goes smoothly lol.

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

How do they react when they’re together for that time? Is the only issue the cage space? Are you switching them back and forth between pens?

• Sonn
          Participant

They act happy when they are together they stick together most of the time little demanding to be groomed no mounting at all. Most of the time you will find them on the couch together or in a litterbox somewhere.

So far it is only a cage issue I do switch them back and forth in the pens that is usually when I have the massive amount of territorial poops to clean up from Marshmallow and a few from Pacey.

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

If they’re co-existing so well already, you should be able to get them together without too much a headache, hopefully!

• bunnymama
              Participant
              161 posts Send Private Message

Can you loose the cages when you try to do permanent bond? If they have a pen area you can use what if you took the cages completely away from that space. Is that doable?

• Deleted User
                Participant
                22064 posts Send Private Message

I agree with bunnymama, is there any way you can make the cages ‘disappear’ for a while? Without them, you will avoid many disputes, you will have a faster bond.
                  Or, you could keep the cages in a different room to house them there, but have the meetings in your room between them. Just so that they can’t find themselves in a situation where they want to defend their cage to the other.

• Sonn
                  Participant

Things have actually been going quite well. They are temporarily in the living room during the day. I bought a separate x-pen and some new lino litter boxes everything let them run around the house for their out time then put them in the pen together lol with me in there they kind of circled one another for about 20 minutes with Pacey smacking at Marshmallow and growling. Then she walked away and hopped into the litter box to eat some hay he followed and that was that. We have been doing this everyday. When they stop having the hissy fits at first I am going to attempt them in their pens together after putting new lino and all that down.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Pacey and Marshmallow