Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Oxbow Papaya Tablets

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lisa_43
      Participant
      1499 posts Send Private Message
        I rang Oxbow Australia a couple of days ago to ask about where I can purchase Papaya Tablets, they said the tablets are not for sale at the moment but they do have a trial shipment that just arrived, they will then start supplying them by the end of the year.

They said if I wanted to purchase one they will supply me direct, so I will be the first one to have them in Australia.

How many will I have to give Ebony and would I start giving any to the babies?

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

I give mine one in the am and one in the pm during a heavy shed. How many are in the jar? They have a larger 500 tablet size but also a 200 count jar. Papaya tablets can be given to little ones at 6 weeks. : ) Hope this helps and that is great they’ll supply you with them!

• Lisa_43
          Participant
            They cost $22 Australian dollars and I’m not sure how many tablets there are.

I am not sure when my rabbits malt, I picked Ebony up and there was hair all over my shirt, so she is malting but how do you tell if it is a heavy malt?

Sorry bit of a rabbit dummy here.

• JK
            Participant
            2223 posts Send Private Message

I just started Edson on them too. 2 a day. He loves them!

• Gravehearted
              Participant
              2428 posts Send Private Message

hmm – well $22 Australian for the 500 count isn’t too outrageous, but for the 200 count seems awfully high, so you might ask them which size it is.

you can usually tell molting – since it’s a heavier than normal shedding. rabbits generally molt 4 times a year – alternating heavy and less heavy molts. some bunnies do what we call “blowing their coat” and do a speed shed within a few days, others get big tufts that start to come off, some have a gradual line of shedding that works it way down their back.

the papaya tablets won’t hurt them – but keep in mind they are thought to help keep the hair moving, but there’s no exact medical proof for this. you can also give them a small amount of unsweetened papaya or pineapple as an option until you can get the tablets more easily.

• Lisa_43
                Participant

I hope they are 500 tablets if not I won’t be getting them again.

Thanks for the info.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Oxbow Papaya Tablets