Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A outside to inside

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • LittlePuffyTail
      18092 posts Send Private Message

A co-worker of my boyfriend was thinking about  getting a rabbit to live with him and his girlfriend. He knew I was a bunny nut so Ricky invited them over to our house to meet my rabbits and discuss rabbit care, etc. He asked if I knew of any rabbits who needed homes so I showed him a few I knew about in online classifieds.

He really liked my  lop, Bindi, so he was excited when I showed him the ad for a 1 year old male bunny who is Bindi’s exact double. I figured he was an outside bun because in the pic you see horses in the background. So our friend inquired about this rabbit but the man told him that “if he brought this rabbit to live inside it would die because it’s a barn rabbit”.  What do you all think about this? I don’t have much experience with outside buns but I don’t really believe this to be true.

Unfortunetly,  the other bunnies he was interested in did not respond to his inquiries and he ended up going to the petstore. He got an adorable little grey dwarf baby but I’m annoyed he supported the petstore. Oh, well at least I know this little bun will have a great home.

I’m curious about what you think abou this “outside” rabbit because my bf said maybe when we get back from our trip in a few weeks if he still needs a home we could think about it (he’s a sucker for lops )

• MarkBun
        Participant
        2842 posts Send Private Message

If it is not a wild rabbit breed, then it will not die coming into the home. It might need a little more patience if it isn’t use to human contact but there’s nothing stopping it from coming inside. Maryann was a ‘semi feral’ bunny that was picked up on Alameda Beach. She was born and raised for the first year of her life out in the wild of the beaches and abandoned naval base nearby.  But now, I couldn’t get her to go outside for all the raisins in Egypt (let’s assume that’s a lot of raisins).

You would, of course, want to have him checked out by a vet before putting him in the same room with the house bun.

• osprey
          Participant
          2065 posts Send Private Message

I agree with Markusdark.  Our DJ spent the first 6 months of his life in the wild, and he now a spoiled indoor rabbit.  It depends more on the temprament of the bunny than the circumstances of his surroundings.  Some bunnies like people, some do not, and you’ll have to figure that out when you meet the bunny.  We take in hutch bunnies all the time and make them into house rabbits, it can definitely be done.

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

I just want to hop in and say ditto. An outdoor rabbit can be an indoor rabbit, although patience is key and persistence with them too. I am sad he didn’t get the “barn rabbit” though.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A outside to inside