Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Outside Play Area

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Aleece
      Participant
      28 posts Send Private Message

Hello all! I would just like to give a quick update because I am very excited, Addie and Esther are officially bonded and are now best buddies!

So both of my rabbits are free range inside, but for this summer I thought it may be fun to make them an outdoor playpen! I would not take them out if it was too hot of course and would never leave them unsupervised. I was wondering if you think they would even enjoy this? I am thinking of adding a plastic sandbox and filling it with dirt and plant some rabbit safe herbs on the side so they can nibble and dig. I thought it may be nice for them to be able to experience something more similar to their natural habitat. Does anyone have any other ideas for what I could put in it? Has anyone here made anything like this? How big should it be? I have an exercise pen which is made for a small dog I was thinking of using.

Thanks in advance!

• DarthVadar
        Participant
        198 posts Send Private Message

Sounds like bunny heaven! Rabbits love to dig, so make sure there if a fence going a foot or so into the ground if you want a permanent run. Does especially will dig massive burrow, but bucks mostly just scratch up the dirt to get at grass roots. They like clover and dandelion the best.
          I use a movable run because of how destructive my bunnies are. They will completely destroy wherever i let them touch. A movable fence allows you to fill up holes and let forage regrow, kind of like crop rotation. The downside is that there is no fence going down under the dirt, but if the rabbits are well supervised there will be no problem. If you continually us the same spot for any duration of time, the buns will eat all the grass and make a muddy disaster area.

• JLH
          Participant
          94 posts Send Private Message

I built a movable outside playpen for my bun, it has a door with a latch and I sit in it with her as she scares easy if she see’s something moving outside thinking it’s after her. I also have a roof on mine as I have a family of eagles that live across the street from me in a 150 foot high fir tree, they have been there for as long as I have (25 years) I have seen them fly down super fast and grab a squirrel so I’m sure they would like my bun for lunch. just be aware of other animals when your bunnies are outside. I read on a site about a lady who left her bun outside in a playpen and a cat jumped in the yard and her bun freaked out so bad and tried to run and broke her leg cause she ran into the playpen so hard. thankfully her bunny survived and had her leg fixed thanks for a very good bunny doctor.

• Aleece
            Participant

Thank you so much for the advice everyone!! I’m very excited for this summer now ?

• Aleece
              Participant

Thank you so much for the advice everyone!! I’m very excited for this summer now ?

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Outside Play Area