Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Ouch. A perfect bunny teeth bite courtesy of Kibou

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lion_Lop_Lover
      Participant
      971 posts Send Private Message

Most of you know Kibou has turned into a royal biotch upon maturity, so for about hmm…3 or 4 months she’s been a dweeb. And yes, spaying is in the plan but not right now.

Anyway, I decided to be kind to her today and give her a good groom. Now, she’s become SUPER protective of her domain and I get the bunny boxing/running every time I put my hand in there.

Whatever, I’m used to it. Anyway, so I opened the door and reached for her. Immediately she took off bouncing around the cage, and then I went to block her with my hand and felt a PERFECT set of top and bottom bunny teeth sink into my right hand ring finger, on the inside of the finger so the sensitive part. I pulled back and she cowered. She knew. Anyway, I cursed at her and smacked her on the butt.

Looked at my finger and I have a perfect top and bottom bunny teeth row marks. It started bleeding so on went the bandaid, otherwise I’d have taken a pic.

But that was my first severe bunny bite! Yeouch!

Needless to say, she ain’t getting her brush today!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

Ouchies!!

My bite that drew blood: I held on to a raisin to long and Kokanee bit my finger tip…split it right open! Holy heck that hurt!!

• bunnytowne
          Participant
          7537 posts Send Private Message

oh my careful maybe wait til she is out of her cage next time save your hand geesh that does hurt too. I know my face will tell you all about it. yes dumb me put my angry bun on my chest umhmmm ouch. he got my lip real bad once fighting with another bun I was trying to bond them and was holding both to keep them from hurting each other. big mistake for my lip. never did that again.yeah them little teeth hurt. make you bleed whew

• Cadbury
            Participant
            161 posts Send Private Message

Cadbury somtimes gets me when I’m holding a treat and she is frantic to get it. I don’t think she does it on purpose, so I don’t want to yell at her, but it hurts!

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

i’ve had some bunny nips, but there was only one that was a MAJOR OUCH! it happened when i was in the Princess’ cage, just doing a quick wipe up, so i didn’t bother letting her out. she got me on the meaty part of my palm under my thumb. wow. that definitely hurts. that was the day my “puberty attitude” went from, “aw, how cute… she’s circling me and chewing on my pj pants…” to “SHE NEEDS TO BE SPAYED… NOW!!!!!”

• Lion_Lop_Lover
                Participant

Haha, Beka, love the puberty attitude sentences…lolol.
                  But ouch, that must have hurt something fierce!

• Beka27
                  Participant
                  16016 posts Send Private Message

^^^um… yeah. for about 20 minutes i was seriously reconsidering her. but then i think she did something cute and i forgot… lol.

• kimberleyanddarren
                    Participant
                    2520 posts Send Private Message

i have never had a bunny bite so far but i feel your pain because hopscotch is also going through his teenage years and i ahve to wait another month for his spay :'(

• charlie82
                      Participant
                      295 posts Send Private Message

Posted By kimberleyanddarren on 04/04/2008 11:31 AM
                        i have never had a bunny bite so far but i feel your pain because hopscotch is also going through his teenage years and i ahve to wait another month for his spay :'(

Hopscotch should be more than ready for his neuter now! Males can be neutered at 14 weeks old. Phoebe was neutered 2 weeks ago and she only weighs 1.3kg. They neuter netherland dwarfs smaller than that so I’m sure Hopscotch should be ready now.

• RabbitPam
                        11002 posts Send Private Message

I have a lovely little white scar just above my upper lip.

• Lion_Lop_Lover
                          Participant

Oooh, ouch pam!

• MimzMum
                            Participant
                            8029 posts Send Private Message

This is where my daughter and I would say, “It’s a good thing bunnies are so darned CUTE!”

I’ve gotten nipped a couple of times, but since Mimzy’s neuter, he’s been more than gentle with me…unless it’s time to pee and he happens to be on my chest, in which case he begins digging furiously and nibbles/nips my stomach through my shirt. But I’m sorry to hear she bit you, Loppy, she’s such a cute little bun…oops, there I go again! ^^

*sigh* Now I think I know how my hubby used to feel when my PMS would get the better of me. *urgh!*

How long do you think bunnies remember that we’ve lost our tempers with them, for whatever reason? I know this was discussed in another thread, but this incident has brought up something that I’ve been concerned about for awhile now. Seems to me they have a loooong memory some times, and others, eh, not so much.

• rabbitsmba
                              Participant
                              475 posts Send Private Message

I have a scar on my hand from a bunny bite. One of my rabbits Scooter snuck into the “other” bunny room and ran into the NIC condo where Binky was. She went ballistic on him! They were spinning and fighting in the cage and I stuck my hand in there to grab one to pull out and Binky, thinking I was Scooter, sunk her teeth into me SO HARD! I screamed and pulled my hand out of the cage, dragging her with me, still clamped on my hand. I quite literally lifted her off the ground and she twisted in the air like a shark out of water and FINALLY let go.

OMG, I tell you, I was bawling my eyes out it hurt so much! But of course, she was just being a bunny and I should have had oven mitts to break up a bunny fight but it all happened so fast the only thing I could think to do was break it up.

Makes for a good story now, though….

CHOMP!

• Lion_Lop_Lover
                                Participant

Oooooh, rabbitsmba – that is nasty!!!

• commander_BunBun
                                  Participant
                                  31 posts Send Private Message

i got my first bite today….and it started with him sniffing my knee then next thing i knew he bit my leg and ran into his cage, im still trying to figure out how to upload it, but im sure u will all have a good laugh!

• Holly
                                    Participant
                                    371 posts Send Private Message

The only time Holly has drawn blood was when she bet the mole on my left arm. That hurt too.

• Deleted User
                                      Participant
                                      22064 posts Send Private Message

i’ve been cursed!! Boston has only bitten me once, when I tried to put her in a bunny burrito. After reading these posts I was playing w/ her in her pen and she was chewing on the blanket that was on my lap, which is fine by me. then all the sudden she looked right at my fingers and bit!!! i yelped in pain hoping to get my point across and she just did it again! then she ran off, came back and bit one more time!!!

• Gravehearted
                                        Participant
                                        2428 posts Send Private Message

ooo that’s the pits! Hareiette has bit me on several occasions, since she’s a bratty bossy girl who likes her own way!

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Ouch. A perfect bunny teeth bite courtesy of Kibou