Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR One step forward….three steps back

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • ubergoober
      Participant
      71 posts Send Private Message

Well….just when you think Miffy is coming around and being more social, liking to be out of her cage sometimes….she changes.  arrgg 

Gone is my cuddler…..It started when I had to give her the eye ointment.  She hated me for a week…..wouldnt really come for a nose scratch at all.  Then we kiss and make up somewhat to the point that I am allowed to pick her up again without her snorting at me. 

Well….we leave for the cottage for 2 days.  Couldnt take her with us.  Now shes mad at me again.  Everytime I put my hands in there even to put in food she snorts and turns away from me. I am so getting the cold shoulder here.

Have your bunns done this at all?  I am getting a complex! lol

• MooBunnay
        Participant
        3087 posts Send Private Message

Hi! Bunnies don’t deal with change well, how long has it been since you left for the two days? I’d try hand feeding her some treats, so that she will start to get friendly again!

• ubergoober
          Participant
          71 posts Send Private Message

We just got back on Monday….its now thursday. She has always allowed me to hand feed her treats….she still snorts in protest though until she finds out its a craisin. We have some progress today. We are out of the cage and in the kitchen. AND has come for a scratch.

I guess I should expect this…after all shes a girl and we dont deal well with not getting our own way lol

• skunklionshow
            Participant
            1257 posts Send Private Message

Jessica never gives me love.  But since her spay, she’s been better w/ me.  I made some cage modifications, w/ an easily removeable top which allows me to pet her when she’s in her bed.  This allows me to get some good pets in.  Sometimes I drag her out for forced love.

I keep her treats next to the cage.  I shake the container and I get a little bunny nose through the cage.  My girl loves craisins too!  The vet tech laughed when I told her this and she said to Jess…"…remember treats are love".  I told her that for me that’s the only love I can get.  This is why my bunny has gotten tubby!

• BinkyBunny
              8776 posts Send Private Message

When you were gone, was someone else caring for her that she wasn’t used to? Sometimes change can bring on fear, and so they get territorial with their space because of feeling a bit insecure about what’s happening every where else.

Just keep doing what you’re doing, and I bet you will see her continue to get back to her old self once she feels confident everything is back to normal.

Skunklion – just keep trying. I know with Rucy it took a very long time for her to warm up to me. And now in her 6 to 7th year, she’s the most affectionate ever. She even comes seeking out affection, and she would have never done that two years ago.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR One step forward….three steps back