Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR One rabbit “Quarantined” how to help the other rabbit

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Biscuit@Smores
      Participant
      28 posts Send Private Message

Hello! One of my rabbits is going through ‘quarantine’ for around a week. He has a wound and we are monitoring him with vet guidance. We’re avoiding keeping him with his brother but, his brother is confused about where his companion is. How do I help him cope?

Thanks!

• DanaNM
        9038 posts Send Private Message

Are you able to keep them within sight of each other? That would help a lot.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Biscuit@Smores
          Participant

Unfortunently no. Smores(quarantined) is currently indoors and in a small hutch. Biscuit is outdoors and we are trying to figure out a situation to move them both indoors but as of now no avail. I did put a towel in Biscuit’s cage and plan on bringing smores outside for a bit in a mesh carrier to see if it helps. I’ve been monitoring both. Smores is slightly upset about not being allowed to roam but per vet orders, we are just keeping him under watch, Biscuit has mainly been hiding but is eating pretty normally for the most part.

• DanaNM
            9038 posts Send Private Message

Gotcha, I have now made the connection with your other thread 😆

I think the best you can do is monitor both rabbits to make sure they are eating normally. Letting them visit each other is a good idea. You could also give each a stuffy and then swap so they other rabbit’s scent is on it (just be sure to monitor for chewing). I’m not sure if they were living in the same enclosure together before, but if they were fully bonded it’s possible they may need some bonding sessions after this if they forget each other during this time.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Biscuit@Smores
              Participant

I think smores is also bored with no room to roam also.

• Biscuit@Smores
                Participant

They are fully bonded. I brought the carrier out but Biscuit is scared of it and doesn’t approach it, he seems to be eating all right but is very avoidant. On the other hand, Smores has been bored and sleeping a lot, I tried making toys for him but he doesn’t seem interested though he is eating fine. Both rabbits have never been fond of toys, mostly because they didn’t really need them outdoors

My concern is (like my other thread) that if I make them indoor rabbits, I’m scared that they will become depressed and bored even with each other.

The situation is pretty difficult and depressing to watch so any advise would be great.

• LBJ10
                  16977 posts Send Private Message

Why not just bring Biscuit inside and see what happens? I mean… it’s not like you can’t make adjustments or just return things to the way they were before once Smores is better.

• Biscuit@Smores
                    Participant

I listed on a different post that both rabbits are going to stay indoors so technically I can’t return things to the way they were before. I also currently can’t bring biscuits indoors because my current hutch is only suitable for 1 rabbit. Biscuit has the lion head temperament even though he is neutered, he likes his space and can get growly, with the lack of space he will probably nip at Smores. I am looking for pens and setups suited for 2 rabbits but I am looking right now for temporary things to make sure neither get too stressed out.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR One rabbit “Quarantined” how to help the other rabbit