Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A one of the baby buns has pulled a chunk of my boys fur out

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • 5cats1bun
      Participant
      240 posts Send Private Message

just curious to know what this means? I found more then enough info about rabbits pulling out their own fur but none on that. I caught her chewing on his fur the other day through the cage too, he didn’t seem to care. is this a good sign of anything or just a thing they do? it wasn’t in agressive nature at all.

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

Pulling fur out is not a good sign, and you say that it wasn’t aggressive? That sounds really doubtful. I would be sure to keep it from happening and it can cause a lot of pain, swelling, rashes and lesions to bunny fur. I would supervise and let the offender know it is not OK. The victim may not know that this behavior is not OK and the other is not letting him know in bunny-speak it is not OK. A lot of young bunnies bahave in non-bunny etiquette ways (just like human kids) and need to be taught what is OK and what is not. Try a sharp NO to start. From what part was the fur pulled?

• 5cats1bun
          Participant

sorry not pulling but chewing casually, almost like grooming, i caught her doing it a couple of times with the other bun even while lying next to eachother.

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant

Ah, some overgrooming then. Is there anything in particular about that spot like it is a different color from the rest of the fur? We have some other topics about this. Moobunnay has a lot of experience with this. I’ll see if I can dig up some links to those topics.

Here you go:

https://binkybunny.com/Default.aspx?tabid=54&forumid=1&tpage=1&view=topic&postid=3751#3817

https://binkybunny.com/Default.aspx?tabid=54&forumid=1&tpage=1&view=topic&postid=13150#13286

Here is some info from the HRS:

http://www.rabbit.org/journal/3-10/overgrooming.html

I hope this helps!

• 5cats1bun
              Participant

you’ll laugh when you see my other post!

well she seems to go for the top part of the head (in the middle of the eyes), one of them has a different color there but my bunny rocky has longer fur. he just seemed to be(Rocky) happy to have attention from another bunny!

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant

Awe, maybe she thinks it is something stuck in the fur and not normal and is trying to correct it as she hasn’t encountered a lionhead before. Those are some mighty cute bunnies!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A one of the baby buns has pulled a chunk of my boys fur out