Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR One litter pan for pee, one for poo?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • msarro
      Participant
      119 posts Send Private Message

Well, I’ve managed to get Layla used to *only* going to the bathroom in her cage, and most of the time she keeps her poop in her litter pan with one or two minor exceptions.

However, she only seems to want to go poop in her pan. She has chosen another corner to go pee. I’ve tried to move the litter pan to the pee corner, and she does the same thing, only she pees where the pan *had* been. Think I should buy a second litter pan so both corners are covered? I’m not quite sure what to make of it. I want to correct her but I never seem to catch her in the act to pick her up and move her to the pan.

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

Many times when bunnies are learning to use the litter box, 2 boxes are a great idea. I say give it a go and then slowly move both boxes together until you can just integrate it into one box.

• kimberleyanddarren
          Participant
          2520 posts Send Private Message

i would also try with two, mop the pee up and put the paper towel into the tray aswell so she gets the idea – good luck!

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

Yes, two is definitely a good idea I’ve noticed that recently Target has some pretty inexpensive plain square litterboxes that you can use as a temporary second litterbox.

• Binkles
              Participant
              823 posts Send Private Message

WOW!! Easy fertilizer gathering!!

• kimberleyanddarren
                Participant
                2520 posts Send Private Message

Are you having any luck today keep us posted.

• msarro
                  Participant
                  119 posts Send Private Message

It appears since I removed the newspaper in the bottom of the pen, she’s stopped using the corner and everything is now going into her litter box – EXCEPT a few poops here or there (I may also be wrong if her pee is evaporating off the plastic). I am going to keep an eye on it for another month or so. I don’t expect perfection when she’s been at the house for two weeks

• Sarita
                    Participant
                    18851 posts Send Private Message

Well, you may still find a few stray poops but as long as she’s consistently using the box for poop and pee then I would say that could be as close to perfection as you can get.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR One litter pan for pee, one for poo?