Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Olivia update

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
    • LittlePuffyTail
      18092 posts Send Private Message

Miss Olivia went to the vet this morning for her pasteurella culture. She was so good they didn’t even have to sedate her! I should have the results by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. I’m very eager to hear back.

While she was there I had the vet re-check her eye as it hasn’t had any discharge in it since I brought her to the vet last week. She said her eye and nose are fine, nice and clear and even her lungs sound a lot better so put off the antibiotics for now, just keep them and wait and see what the culture says. It will be really nice if we don’t have to give them to her, (2x a day for 7 days is the prescription). Anyone who ever gave their buns oral meds will know what a nightmare that will be (at least it is with Stormy).

I will write an update when I hear back the results. Crossing my fingers. I know she will be happy if she has to live at Moms but I want to bring her home! I’m spending so much time here cuz she’s just too cute! Oh, well it gives me an excuse to use Mom’s laptop on her great recliner!

• Lion_Lop_Lover
        Participant
        971 posts Send Private Message

Yay, so glad to hear it

• Sarita
          Participant
          18851 posts Send Private Message

That’s great news. I wonder if alot of the reason her discharge has cleared up is that she is in a healthy environment – that can make a huge difference.

Do let us know what the culture says.

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

woohoo! i’m very happy for her. even without the results back, that’s great news that she’s doing better. who knows what would have become of her had you not gotten her.

• LittlePuffyTail

I’m really starting to think it might have had a lot to do with her having poor ventilation and lots of pee in her cage. Stupid petstore.

• babybunsmum
                Participant
                3896 posts Send Private Message

awww what a good girl!  i hope you can bring her home soon.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                  Participant
                  12067 posts Send Private Message

Yeh, often if they are on woodchips, it gets them all clogged up. My vet is very adament that anti-biotics (b/c you should follow up with pro-biotics and their system is so sensitive) should only be given when absolutely necessary…So that’d be great if she fights the infection on her own and doesn’t need em! Woohoo Olivia!! Can’t wait for the results…

• JK
                    Participant
                    2223 posts Send Private Message

I have a gut feeling this will turn out fine and you will be able to bring her home!  I am anxious too to know what the results are…

• Beka27
                      Participant
                      16016 posts Send Private Message

ya know what’s really sad? poor Olivia was sick at the petstore so people probably saw her and thought, “oh, she’s sick. we don’t want to buy a sick bunny.” and so she sat there longer… got sicker, and still no one wanted her. she’s a lucky bun that you took her.

• MimzMum
                        Participant
                        8029 posts Send Private Message

Oh I am certain it’s going to be good news! ^^ You did a good thing, LPT and I’m sure you’ll have a good result.
                          What a sweet bun Olivia sounds to be. You know, I was thinking about how the name Olivia is like Oliver…you know…Oliver Twist? She really was a little lost waif who needed you and you took her in and gave her a good, new home. I think it’s great that she’s done so well with the vet and that she is getting better already. I’ll keep the prayers going for both of you. (((((((((((((Olivia and LPT)))))))))))))

• Gravehearted
                          Participant
                          2428 posts Send Private Message

ooo *keepin my fingers crossed for some good news* I’m happy to hear she did so well at her appointment too

• Scarlet_Rose
                            Participant
                            4293 posts Send Private Message

So glad to hear things are going well! I’ve got my fingers crossed!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                              Participant

*bump bump*

Puffy have you heard anything yet on the culture??

• kimberleyanddarren
                                Participant
                                2520 posts Send Private Message

any news?

• LittlePuffyTail

I talked to the vet today and they said I probably won’t know till mid next week. GRRRR. I hate waiting!!!

I hope she can come home soon. She started growling at Mom!!!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                    Participant

MID NEXT WEEK!!! Call him up and tell him your friends on Binkybunny can’t POSSIBLY wait that LONG!!

ok, we’ll keep our fingers and ears crossed until then!

• LittlePuffyTail

Grrrr. Still waiting. It’s been 2 weeks now and they said “a few days”. I just called. Results not back yet.

• Lion_Lop_Lover
                                        Participant
                                        971 posts Send Private Message

Goodness gracious!

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Olivia update