Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Oldies But Goodies!

Viewing 56 reply threads
  • Author
    • JackRabbit
      Participant
      5451 posts Send Private Message

Just realized the forums are back open!  Where are the “old timers” on here?!

For any that might remember my buns, Marlee. Moshi, and Kieko are all 7 years old now!

• tanlover14
        Participant
        3617 posts Send Private Message

IM HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The party has really started. LOL Great minds think alike.

• JackRabbit
          Participant

❤️❤️❤️!

• HipHopBunny
            Participant
            640 posts Send Private Message

I was reading some forums with you both on it – welcome back!! 😀 It’s very nice to meet you and your buns!

• JackRabbit
              Participant

Thanks HipHop!  We’ve been away awhile but have not lost touch!

• JackRabbit
                Participant

I’ve already seen posts from Hazel, Sonn, and my favorite bug lady!  I know you’re there!

• HipHopBunny
                  Participant

So, this question goes out to @TanLover14, what did you end up naming Manny/Tucker? 😆

• BinkyMom14
                    Participant
                    277 posts Send Private Message

Yeahhhhh baby I’m here too!!!

• JackRabbit
                      Participant

TUCKER!!!!!!  (aka Wuckies).  RIP sweet boy 💔

• JackRabbit
                        Participant

We had a blast with naming wars!  (Even though a certain moderator decided to take over the naming master title lol)

• Louiethebunny
                          Participant
                          603 posts Send Private Message

I’m a new BB forum member, but I’m always on here now! I got my first rabbit almost 4 months ago, and my second about 20 days ago, and they’re both already bonded! Their names are Louie and Lola, Louie is a chocolate havana with white socks, and Lola is fawn colored, breed unknown. Louie was first, he was from a shelter living in a foster home, he was born around Jan 1st, 2020, and Lola was from a rescue, found by the side of the road, estimated to be around Louie’s age.

• HipHopBunny
                            Participant

LOL!!! 😆 I had lots of laughs reading that thread! *cough* I like Manny *cough*

I’m so sorry to hear he died… Rest in peace little boy.

• JackRabbit
                              Participant

Welcome Louiethebunny!  Not sure how things are now, but we had lots of fun, learned a lot, shared a lot, lost a lot (sadly), as well as tried to teach a lot.

• JackRabbit
                                Participant

Oh no Louiethebunny!  Blasphemy on the Manny thing! Lol!

• JackRabbit
                                  Participant

TanLover — we must have a “rep” lol

• HipHopBunny
                                    Participant

JR: LOL I’m pretty sure there were more members voting MANNY and less voting Tucker If my memory serves me right… 😆

• Hazel
                                      Participant
                                      2587 posts Send Private Message

So, this question goes out to  @TanLover14, what did you end up naming Manny/Tucker? 😆

Tucker, obviously… 🙄  😉

So glad to see you tanlover, I was just asking in another thread if anyone knew what you were up to! 😀  How’s my boy Tanger doing? 🙂

JR, you’re back too! 😀  We’re on a roll! Please tell me you’re dragging AndHenry back with you too!

• JackRabbit
                                        Participant

…..wishes for an update on the “other” team leader’s bunny Henry….

• JackRabbit
                                          Participant

Yay BinkyMom!!!!  ❤️❤️❤️

• HipHopBunny
                                            Participant

Forgot to say – I have three girls in the bonding process (OB: black Smokey: gray Silver: Californian) they are all mixes, so I can’t tell OB and Smokey’s breed. Their Bungled Bonding is…well you can tell from the title. 😆 Work in progress… we will get there, whether that is in 2 more weeks, or two more years, I have doubtable faith in them… 😆

• HipHopBunny
                                              Participant

Nope, Manny is still in! There was no official thing saying “Tucker” deep down, you all know that MANNY is his name! 😆 I’m thinking of restarting that thread…LOL

@LBJ10
                                                they are gaining up on me…We need AndHenry too… 😆

• JackRabbit
                                                Participant

Hazel I wish!  AndHenry disappeared a few years ago sadly.

• BinkyMom14
                                                  Participant
                                                  277 posts Send Private Message

Man went from one bunny to now 5 and many fosters. Crazy how fast time flew by

• JackRabbit
                                                    Participant

HipHop, TanLover (who is now an HRS Educator) is a “bonding master” lol  and even  led another former BB’er to doing bonding professionally.  Persistence (and very little sleep!) is the key.  I tried to bond my three years ago but as it turns out, I am a total bonding wuss and incurable helicopter bunny mom!

• HipHopBunny
                                                      Participant

LOL 😆 My girls are a tough batch to bond, I’ll have to ask TanLover, see is she has any recommendations… little sleep is one of the key factors when bonding, isn’t it? 😆

• Hazel
                                                        Participant

@HipHopBunny : You’re opening old wounds… I’m sad to see you’ve chosen the dark side. 😥  (and if there were less Tucker votes than Manny votes, it’s probably because a bunch of Tucker votes got lost in the forum update)

JR: That’s too bad, maybe she’ll make her way back anyway. 😐

@BinkyMom : Yay! Welcome back! 😀

• JackRabbit
                                                          Participant

Not sure why this is sideways!

• HipHopBunny
                                                            Participant

@Hazel I have to say, I think the same of you… 😆 How about we pick this name

Sooooo…… I literally made a list of names for him to pick from…. I made the list in less than 3 minutes so it was really just a random jumble…. This was my list:

Finn
                                                              Olli/Olliver/Olly
                                                              Manny <– That’s the one! 😀
                                                              Dax
                                                              Owen
                                                              Carson
                                                              Jaxson
                                                              Renly
                                                              Remi
                                                              Tucker
                                                              Phlox

• Sonn
                                                              Participant
                                                              1810 posts Send Private Message

I am here!!!! I checked way too often to see if the forums were back!

• LBJ10
                                                                16908 posts Send Private Message

@JackRabbit – I don’t know who you could possibly be referring to.

@HipHopBunny
                                                                  – You forgot Pigeon.

Glad to see you guys! You’ll have to stick around and have a few more naming wars. 😉 There are a few other “oldies” floating around here somewhere. I have mostly seen them responding to questions within other sections of the forum.

• JackRabbit
                                                                  Participant

BinkyMom became the crazy bunny lady!

• HipHopBunny
                                                                    Participant

@LBJ10 Shame on me for forgetting that last name! 😆 Yes, agree, stick around long enough for MANNY to become his official name… 😛

• JackRabbit
                                                                      Participant

I think we need to let the Tucker bun naming war rest since our sweet boy has crossed the bridge.  He has a number of brothers and sisters at the bridge with him and they all know him as Tucker.

We miss you sweet boy.  #bobbforever

• HipHopBunny
                                                                        Participant

@JackRabbit Poor sweet boy, I never knew him, but he sounds like he was the sweetest little thing. I’m so sorry he has crossed the bridge, but am happy with the knowledge that he lived a good and spoiled long life, and will continue to do so with his siblings over the bridge. <3 Rest in Peace… little guy. 🙂

• Hazel
                                                                          Participant

I didn’t know he died 😥  I’m so sorry Tanlover.

Binky free Tuckie.

• JackRabbit
                                                                            Participant

TanLover is working on a post about all of her furbabies.  She has been through quite the journey.

• HipHopBunny
                                                                              Participant

Oh, I’m so sorry! <3 🙁 It is always such a hard time when they leave us, you can never forget their huge character and personality. We are here for you TanLover!

• tanlover14
                                                                                Participant

I just did a new post with an update of my current furries!  Hahaha. I believe the last addition I had on here was Zoe, my black Lion Lop.  It’s going to be REALLY hard to refer to JackRabbit as JackRabbit since I call her MC now 😆

Tucker was one of those heart bunnies that will always hold a very special place in my heart – his name somehow veered off into WUCKIES – not sure what happened there? 😛  Thank you for all the love on his passing. He passed in Jan of this year so it hasn’t been very long and still definitely feels like an open wound, but it’s weird how life plays out because I think it led to my newest entering my life.

You all JUST MISSED naming the newbie, Bazil!  I am going to make another new thread with his story for support – he’s going in for his 4th surgery tomorrow (the first one was considered a surgical procedure – put a drain in his chest but I’m not sure if it really was full blown surgery since I wasn’t able to watch like usual due to COVID).  Along with any advice if anyone has experience with abscesses/cancer!

PS. HipHopBunny, JackRabbit is totally right about bonding!  If you have started a thread, direct me to it, and I’ll offer some help or pointers!

• HipHopBunny
                                                                                  Participant

Oh wow, you have been through quite the time @TanLover14, I’m so sorry! <3 Starting a thread on BB about our lost loved ones can really help with the grief, you are amongst people who understand what a rabbit’s role is in your life, we are always here for you!

I do not have any experience with cancer or abscesses, but wanted to share my sincerest sympathy, tough times! <3

HaHa, my girlies are a tough trio, any help is appreciated! I have started the topic “Bungled Bonding Updates” although, I should be better about updating it… will post an update today. If you could direct me to bond them, I would be forever in your debt. It has been long and hard (okay, it has been a few months, but feels like eternity LOL) …and we’ve finally made it too semi-neutral, although, I am thinking of going back to neutral. 🙄 Again, thank you in advance! 😀

• JackRabbit
                                                                                    Participant

Ah yes, I have become MC in another world and TanLover has become Doo in that world lol

• JackRabbit
                                                                                      Participant

Anyone ever hear from LEL?

• JackRabbit
                                                                                        Participant

Btw, I doubt she’ll be on here again just because of life, but for anyone who remembers Megabunny, sweet big Gus crossed the rainbow bridge.

• Hazel
                                                                                          Participant

Sounds like you’ve been through a lot, TL, I’m sorry. ❤️

That’s too bad we missed out on naming Bazil. I know the spelling is different, but I’m just going to assume you named him after Basil of Baker Street. Ahh, memories. 🙂  (if I’m wrong don’t tell me 😆 )

Sending lots of good vibes for his surgery tomorrow, I hope it all goes well.

• Hazel
                                                                                            Participant

JR: So sorry to hear about Gus 😥  It would be great to see MB back on here. I haven’t heard anything bout LEL unfortunately.

Are any of you in touch with Cottontail?

• jerseygirl
                                                                                              Moderator
                                                                                              22345 posts Send Private Message

Hi hi hi hi hi !

Wow, it’s nice to see some members for few years ago!

I hope life has been kind to you all.

JR, I feel like Megabunny popped her head in on a thread a few months ago. But I don’t trust me memory AT ALL.

I do think of LEL a bit and keep coming across photos if hers in older threads. She had some very cute piggies. She from upper Cali area so I hope she’s not being affected by the current wildfires. :’(

• Sonn
                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                1810 posts Send Private Message

Wow catching up on posts takes me back to when I first joined the forum! I was so scared to post but you guys welcomed me with all the bunny love. It’s crazy how long some of us have been around.

• JackRabbit
                                                                                                  Participant

Hazel, I tried to name him Yeti but she was stuck on Bazil.  Cottontail….trying to tie the BB name to the real person name….that’s not Pete’s mom is it?

Hey Jersey!  Guess anything is possible especially since MB has a new bunny (actually has two but the new bun is another biggie — a young flemmie).  I just had a fb memory pop up of a bun pic I shared with her several years ago.  She’s such a sweetie.  I hope she’s doing ok.

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                    Moderator
                                                                                                    22345 posts Send Private Message

Yes cottontail is Pete’s mumma. I feel like she had a couple female rabbits also? Or after Pete passed?

ETA: I’m noticing some of you returning members but also some newbies are having all your posts come through for approval. Sorry about that! All posts with images or links added come through to be approved but standard replies should not, especially if you’ve been posting for a while. We’ll have to see why this is happening.

• JackRabbit
                                                                                                      Participant

Sonn!!  I think the last time I was on here you were saying more buns.  I popped on and you have a Tater Tot!

Jersey — Cottontail has 4 buns and two human babies!  Pete did pass, but she still has the girl she adopted from the apartment plus a bf for her plus another pair of bonded buns.

• LBJ10
                                                                                                        Moderator

MB has 2 bunnies right now. 🙂

• tanlover14
                                                                                                          Participant

Cottontail tried to pass off half her crazy rascals onto me! LOLOLOL

• JackRabbit
                                                                                                            Participant

TL that’s right!  They were a trio originally!

(Remembers when you had sooo many furbabies and trying to remember all their names!)

• JackRabbit
                                                                                                              Participant

LBJ — Did you ever see a pic of MB holding Gus?!  I think she has a need for a bun that’s bigger than she is and Andre just might make it lol!

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                Moderator

Oh yes, I saw lots of pictures. LOL

• JackRabbit
                                                                                                                  Participant

LBJ, MB is so petite!  The first time she sent me a pic I couldn’t figure out if he was just huge or she was teeny tiny but then she sent me a pic of Gus in the car with her dog and they were pretty close to the same size lol

• Bam
                                                                                                                    Moderator
                                                                                                                    16877 posts Send Private Message

Hi darlings! So good to see you here again!

• Hazel
                                                                                                                      Participant

JR: Yeti would have been a good one too!

You gotta tell MB and Cottontail to get back here! I would love to see their bunnies. 🙂

Viewing 56 reply threads
                                                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Oldies But Goodies!