Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR ok to do a backflip??

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • evansvillegirl26
      Participant
      254 posts Send Private Message

I got Tonks this wire cat ball to play with. She loves it! But she’s tossing it up so high she’s done a couple complete back flips!!! While it’s halarious to me. I want to make sure it’s not going to hurt her back??

• bunnytowne
        Participant
        7537 posts Send Private Message

hmm don’t know about that. my cat used to do that ws hilarious but cats are more flexible like springs in their spines. not too sure that tonk should be doing that tho is hilarious

• Beka27
          Participant
          16016 posts Send Private Message

rabbit spines are very very fragile. i don’t think you can stop her from doing backflips, but i wouldn’t encourage it. was it actually head over heels, or was it a side to side jump. bunnies do binkies… but mine has never flipped completely over.

• babybunsmum
            Participant
            3896 posts Send Private Message

i have seen my buns over-reach when standing on their hind thumpers and tip over backwards… so cute.  but it doesn’t look all that natural to me since they land sort of akwardly & scramble to get back on all fours.  i do think buns can be pretty flexible when playing much in the same way they’d have to be if trying to escape capture.  and some binkies can look pretty contorted if you’ve ever seen them in super-slo-mo.  i agree with beka… you probably can’t stop her from doing it but best not to encourage it.

• evansvillegirl26
              Participant
              254 posts Send Private Message

It was a head over heels jump!! It was sooo funny. I will keep an eye on her!! She LOVEs that ball!! She loves her slinky too It’s to big for her to flip up that high and flip!! Thanks for the input!!

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

yikes – a 360 degree bunny backflips would make me very nervous, since she could injure herself. If she’s doing 360s, then I’d likely take away the ball, since it would really worry me too much.

If it’s just her feet in the air binkies then it’s just fine.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR ok to do a backflip??