Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE oh no went to vets again today

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • bunnytowne
      Participant
      7537 posts Send Private Message

well Cottons symptoms returned.  That just wouldn’t do.  So back to the vet we went.  Blood work and xray.  Yes arthritis.  But the worst is kidney problems.  

tears.  Off Metacam he goes.  Sub Q fluids we go.  Critical care and a little package of special nutritional pellets.  I hope this helps.  Back on aug 11 to get blood work again and see.  calcium is up creatine is up and something else.  

When they left the exam room I stood and just faced the wall wondering if I should just put him down to save him the struggle.Yet he is fiesty and slapped me when I got him to go this morning.  

And he gave the vets people a hard time too.  lol.  Wiggly and all.    Vet said lets see what happens on Aug 11.  

I gave him his pain med and he is somewhat just spacing out.  He ate when we got home.  Seems he had a seizue when the vet asked questions and it seemed he fit that criteria a month ago.  He was so happy to be home when we got back.  I feel he doesnt have a whole lot of time left.  I hope I am wrong.  HE is 10 1/2

• Bam
        16872 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry, Bunnytowne. It’s great you had him tested though, the Metacam would’ve only made him worse. Poor little darling Cotton.

• bunnytowne
          Participant
          7537 posts Send Private Message

thank you.  Yes made up my mind.  Since treatment wasnt working.  I had to see whats going on inside.  Well time for his pain meds and critical care.  This bunny is going to hate me by the time the weekend is over.  

Critical care 4x a day.   Pain meds he probably wont hate me for that lol.  2x a day   

Hopefully  he will improve and survive this.  Or maybe its just his time to go.  He is still fiesty tho.  lol 

• jerseygirl
            22342 posts Send Private Message

Fiesty is good! 

Will he eat the critical care from a shallow dish if it is mixed up thick?  Or made into little balls and you can feed to him like a treat?
              Sending many {{{vibes}}} for little Cotton! I know it’s hard to see them age so much BT. xx

By the way, do you still take him to the vet who correctly diagnosed the rabbit syph and treated him years ago? That was a good vet!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE oh no went to vets again today