Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Oh no.. is she not fixed???? Help pleeease!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • HeatherG
      Participant
      8 posts Send Private Message

I’m not exactly sure what this means. I was told she was fixed, but now I’m really really not sure.

Yesterday we put lily and george in the bathroom together, she humped him some but we stopped her because he was getting a little mad. When she get off we noticed some blood on his leg, and we thought it may have been from her nails because we haven’t been able to clip them yet.

Well, we put them in the bathroom again today and we noticed some blood under lily. She humped him again, only this time it covered pretty much his entire back end. She’s also kinda bleeding on her lady parts.

He’s DEFINITLEY fixed, though .We’ve got papers on him.

Does anyone know whats going on? I’ve got no idea. :[ I hope she’s not hurt.

BTW, it smelt HORRIBLE.. if that means anything.

• charlie82
        Participant
        295 posts Send Private Message

Hi,

I really think you ought to take lily to the vet to be checked. Mounting shouldn’t be enough to cause that kind of bleeding. It could be something as simple as a urinary tract infection, but I would be more concerned about the fact she may not have been spayed. Trouble is it is pretty hard to determine if a bun has been spayed without either opening her up or doing an ultrasound. Either way I would have her seen asap.

• babybunsmum
          Participant
          3896 posts Send Private Message

i’d say it’s a good time for a vet checkup too.  because it smelled really bad i’m wondering if it was darkly coloured urine and not blood?  she could be humping & peeing on him out of dominance & bunny pee can be really darkly coloured depending on their diet.  urine can also be discoloured if blood is present due to a urinanry tract infection so again, a vet visit is a good idea.    let us know how you make out.

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

yikes. i agree, a vet visit is needed. where did you get her from, can you see if they have a spay certificate for her, or if they can get you the info for the doctor who did it and you can follow up with him? i’ve also heard of incomplete spays, where they only do a partial surgery… not sure about the bleeding tho. it could be red urine…

• BinkyBunny
              8776 posts Send Private Message

Did she hump his head by chance. It’s also not uncommon that if that happens the other rabbit bites the other genetalia. Either way, vet care is needed asap on this one.

Also, how long ago was she spayed?

• HeatherG
                Participant
                8 posts Send Private Message

Sorry I haven’t been able to reply. My internet’s been screwing up.

Anyway, what is was is he had an open sore on his back. ( probably from when they got into a fight the day before D: ) Not sure how my boyfriend didn’t notice it, but he didn’t. He’s fine, and she’s fine. She is fixed, too.

Ugh, I was so worried. I’m glad nothing is wrong with either of them.

• osprey
                  Participant
                  2065 posts Send Private Message

Yay, glad everything worked out!  With all that fur it can be very difficult to find skin injuries on a rabbit.  Sometimes you can’t feel them until they form a scab.  I was fostering a bunch of boy babies that got into a huge tussel and I went over them carefully and found no injuries.  I took them to the director of our rescue the next day, and proceeded to show me the bit on this one’s ears, the two on this one’s back and shoulders, etc.  I had no clue.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Oh no.. is she not fixed???? Help pleeease!