Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE October Chat!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    • LBJ10
      16908 posts Send Private Message

Aww… I missed it! Oh well.

Bun Jovi, Fresno, Pinky (Finn 😛 )

• HipHopBunny
        Participant
        640 posts Send Private Message

It’s not October! (I’m getting behind in the seasons 😆 )

Well, Happy October Muffin, Bonnie, Dorian, Tybalt, Oscar, Wick…(I missed a lot! 😆 )

What’s been the latest here is….not much. The weather still says that it is July! 😆 Oh, and Smokey is now comfortable with jumping on the chair! 😀 😆 Big accomplishment, I know!

• Bam
          16877 posts Send Private Message

I missed it too!

Hoppy October everyone!

It was very autumnal today. Summer lasted until the end of September here, but now it feels very much like autumn.

• talesOfTybalt
            Participant
            104 posts Send Private Message

Happy Spooky Season all! 😛

England is freeeeezing, I haven’t seen anything but rain in over a week so summer is truly truly over! I love autumn but I’m not a fan of the sad looking mornings, makes it so hard to get out of bed for work 🙁

On the plus side I think I’ve had a real breakthrough with Tybalt! Somehow, being away from him every weekend for the last few weeks has made our bond.. stronger? He has become such a cuddly little guy and demands soooo much attention i love it! 😛

• prince dorian the bun
              Participant
              743 posts Send Private Message

Happy October!!

Aww that’s so sweet Tybalt is getting cuddly! & Yay Smokey!! @HipHopBunny you know you have to provide photographic proof though… actually @talesofTybalt snuggle pics too!

It’s cool here in the PNW, we are having morning fogs and had some rain, though mostly just light short showers. Leaves are just changing. Dorian doesn’t like that he is getting less deck time as it’s too cold to sit out there and work now, but it’s got a nice cozy feel that I can get behind.

& weird(ish) side note question… I always thought it was weird when people say they like smelling babies heads, but I love the way Dorians little head smells (right between the ears). Anyone else find themselves sniffing their buns? Or is this something I should just err keep to myself? 😀

• DanaNM
                8935 posts Send Private Message

I am always smelling my bunnies! LOL they smell so good!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• prince dorian the bun
                  Participant

@DanaNM – glad you do too! Now I feel less of a weirdo.

• talesOfTybalt
                    Participant

I will certainly try and take some pics to post!

I feel bad the weather here is always 2 extremes so Tybalt doesn’t get a lot of outside time, it literally went from 30 degrees to 24/7 rain and cold 🙁

Haha I always sniff Tyb’s head too, more so now because he’ll let me literally bury my face into his whole body 😛 He always smells faintly of fresh hay which makes sense because he loves to eat from the BOTTOM of his hay stack 😀

• Hazel
                      Participant
                      2587 posts Send Private Message

Hoppy October guys!

I sniff all my fur babies. Maybe Bubbles not as much. 😉

Otis did the stupidest thing. The hubby was cooking dinner, and I guess Otis forgot that he was home, or he got startled somehow, but when the hubby walked into the living room Otis thought he was a burglar or something. He spontaneously regrew his bits and went off! I was afraid he might actually bite him. After about 5 seconds he figured out who he was barking at. It kinda makes me sad that he’s such a moron, but on the other hand I was pretty impressed that he actually confronted what he thought was a threat. I would have 100% expected him to turn tail and run. But yeah, he’s an idiot. 😆

• Louiethebunny
                        Participant
                        603 posts Send Private Message

Ahhh, I’ve been pretty inactive here lately, with my online classes I’ve been busier, but Louie and Lola gets tons of extra free roam time! They’re doing super well, lots of flops and cuddles from them, I’ll have to post some photos! Can’t believe it’s already October! Today Lola let me really pet her for the first time without food in her mouth, yay!

• prince dorian the bun
                          Participant

Hi @Louiethebunny ! It has been a while. Yay for Lola letting you pet her and yes please post pics of the handsome couple if you have a chance! Best of luck with classes too!

@Hazel
                            – Otis is a dog right? not a Bun…

and @talesofTybalt more pics!! I get you on the outside time, we had bad construction most of the summer so was limited to a couple hours in the evening or weekends. Finally they are doing more inside work so the noise is tolerable, but we then had too much smoke and now it’s rain/fog. Sun has snuck out for a couple hours here and there, but poor Dorian hasn’t been out for awhile. He also developed a bad habit of eating the deck flooring, so he can’t just play out there with out me watching him like a hawk… so there’s that.

• Hazel
                            Participant

Yes he’s a dog, although he does enjoy the occasional piece of lettuce. 😆

• Bu20055
                              Participant
                              246 posts Send Private Message

@Hazel

My dog once tried to steal some lettuce when I was preparing Esther’s meal then she got mad at me like I made her eat it lol.

We have so many cats and other animals (foxes, coons, possums, very occasional deer and coyote, etc) that I don’t really feel comfortable taking Esther outside.

She’s definitely starting to get more comfortable with us and the house. She’s been here for a month now. Today she flopped against my leg when I was sitting with her on the floor and stayed there for a nice long pet session.

• talesOfTybalt
                                Participant

@Hazel oh my gosh Otisss!  😀 😀 I remember seeing a pic or 2 of him, what breed is he?

@prince dorian the bun @Bu20055 Oh cheeky Dorian haha and yay Esther!! I also have to admit I get soooo paranoid taking Tybalt outside even just to the garden like I’m worried some magical beast will take him away from me so I’ve not taken my eyes off him for a MINUTE the few times he’s been out… tbh I can’t tell if he even likes it he doesn’t show a huge amount of emotion towards anything except food and very recently me haha but I spose boys will be boys 😛

• prince dorian the bun
                                  Participant

@TalesofTybalt – yeah we only do outside time on deck… I am too worried about him catching something in the yard. We had some RHDV2 cases a while back not that far from where I live, and even though it seems to have been controlled I am always nervous. The crows hang out on my deck and I figure if any eagle or hawk comes about they will chase them off, so I don’t worry about that. He’s also not out there unsupervised. The crows themselves watch him sometimes, but seem to have recently figured out he is not a cat so don’t care if he follows them about.

• Hazel
                                    Participant

@talesOfTybalt : He’s a shorthaired pointer. He’s not much of a hunter though, being friends with bunnies and all… 😆

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE October Chat!