Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Nursing bunny, HEE HEE

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

So here I was reading my book on the couch with the best little snuggler around, Coney, when I hear him snoring.  I don’t know if it was actually snoring or not, but he was making noises.  I look over at him and he was nursing in his sleep.  Anyone who has kids knows the sleep nursing face.  It is where they are sound asleep and are moving their mouth as if they are nursing.  With the way Coney was flopped I got to see his mouth, and let me tell you it is rare to see his mouth because his cheeks are so big, and he was nursing away.  I even saw teeth at one point.  I of course was laughing which woke him up and I got the butt.

Does anyone else have rabbits who do weird things?

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

lol.  that’s so cool.  and i do know about the "nursing in their sleep" thing with babies!  was he grinding his teeth?  do bunnies dream… does anyone know?

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

It didn’t look like grinding because his mouth was open half the time.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant
            12067 posts Send Private Message

I think it would be hard to look up if Bunnies dream -or prove that they do…But in my neuroscience classes when we studied sleep etc. My prof’s said most animals that sleep dream…There is no reason they shouldn’t dream, so they probably do!!
              I know my dog *definitely* does…sweet thing…sometimes she wags her tail in her sleep if she’s particualarly happy (relatives are visiting, we are camping) *sigh* Too cute!

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

yeah.  that was what i was thinking… i know dogs dream (which is hilarious to watch!)  i wonder what they’d dream about?  their fav treats and a forest of cords and carpeting and baseboards…?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                Participant
                12067 posts Send Private Message

And spraying US in the face with a water bottle! *giggling*

• Gravehearted
                  Participant
                  2428 posts Send Private Message

I often see my buns twitch as they’re sleeping and wonder what they’re dreaming about too

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                    Participant
                    2517 posts Send Private Message

Frankie has done things like this a couple times in his sleep… it’s rare that he sleeps deep, but when he does he’ll wiggle and stuff. Very cute.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Nursing bunny, HEE HEE