Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE November Chat!

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
    • DanaNM
      8935 posts Send Private Message

So thankful for the bunnies these days. Who needs therapy when you can pet bunnies?

Our move is up in the air again… going to sit tight for a few more weeks at least. Should be getting an update on Norway in the next few weeks. A friend also tested positive for covid so currently isolating. Was going to try for my trio again this weekend but that’s on hold for that reason. But maybe it’s a sign that I should wait for Copper to get neutered? 😆

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• prince dorian the bun
        Participant
        743 posts Send Private Message

Wishing you good health, and your friend a mild case! & yeah totally glad I have Dorian to entertain me these days, even when he is royally being a naughty bun! (to be fair he is just being a bun and probably think I am a horrible human for not letting him just chew everything).  Hope Norway works out!

• Hazel
          Participant
          2587 posts Send Private Message

Dana: I’m wishing your friend a speedy recovery, stay safe! When is Copper getting neutered?

prince dorian the bun: Nothing Dorian does is naughty, he’s a perfect little angel! 😉

• DanaNM

Thank you, my friend is still doing fine! Copper should be getting neutered Nov 18th or 19th.

Unfortunately Myra is not eating this morning, so please send some vibes for her! Of course they always get sick on the weekend. Going to pick up some fluids for her now. 🙁

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Hazel
              Participant

Oh no, how is Myra now?

• DanaNM

She’s doing much better! I was able to get some sub-q fluids from the rescue and she perked up and started eating within 20 min of getting them. Ate almost normally last night and is back to normal today! Fluids for the win! So important to have in your emergency kit!

• Hazel
                  Participant

Awesome, I’m so glad she’s back to normal! 😀  Did the rescue give the fluids or did you do it yourself? I don’t think I could do it myself, putting the needle in and everything, ugh… 😯

• DanaNM

I’m so happy too! And she has actually been really sweet since then, so I’m wondering if maybe she had been starting to feel grumpy and uncomfortable for a few days before she was really symptomatic. Molts are pretty hard on her. 🙁

I gave them myself 😯

It was a bit stressful, but I was given the advice to “have a cup of tea and try again LOL”. The first needle attempt I thought I had it in, then noticed the fluids just dripping off her fur. OOPs. Second attempt the needle fell out because she moved. Third attempt I finally got it in far enough (but not so far that I poked through the other side of the skin), and got a way to hold her so the needle didn’t shift and she didn’t move. She didn’t seem to mind at all, which was good, because the needle is pretty huge! They were so sweet and let me keep the rest of the fluid bag for my move. <3

For anyone that lives in an area without 24/7 rabbit vets, definitely recommend having your vet prescribe fluids and have them show you how to do it for emergency situations!

• DanaNM

Copper got neutered today and is recovering well! I might have put an adoption hold on him…. just to make sure someone doesn’t swoop him up before me.  🙂

• Louiethebunny
                        Participant
                        603 posts Send Private Message

Yay for a successful surgery and wishing a nice recovery! Bunnies are so irresistibly cute… I would adopt them all if I could!

• Bladesmith
                          Participant
                          849 posts Send Private Message

Norge?  You’re moving to Norge?   Bra fint!   I’m so jealous!  I lived briefly in Kristiansand!

• DanaNM

OOh that’s awesome! I would be in Trømso, but sadly Norway is still very much uncertain. The immigration office isn’t processing applications for the type of permit I need, with no indication of when they might start. With the covid situation worsening in the US I’m not very optimistic. 🙁

• HipHopBunny
                              Participant
                              640 posts Send Private Message

Dana – Wow!! You have been through quite the time! 😯 Stay safe during your travels!!

Things have been going alright here. The weather is definitely getting a bit chillier, but nothing beats cozying up with your bunnies on a rainy day. 😉

However, my little mischief makers here have been causing some trouble. I have this neutral litter box in the Semi-neutral territory, which I thought would be a good idea. Haha, well, they love it all right; but cause a lot of problems too. With this one, the sides are short, so they think it’s a good idea to stick their butt over the edge, and *ahem* pee all over the floor!! Gah!! So, I thought it was a pretty smart idea to buy a cat litter box with a cover – the battle never ends. After I’d trained them to go into it, Smokey over here started digging all of its contents out of the flap, so, it is not helping as much as I’d hoped it would. 🙄 If anyone has any suggestions, they would be so appreciated!! 😆

• DanaNM

I would say just get a really big litter box with high sides! My fav thing for trios+ are these concrete mixing tubs you can get at the hardware store. They are big enough that all the buns can fit in them at once, and even if someone digs it stays in the box (for the most part). And deep enough that they can’t hang their bums off the side!

I actually JUST got an update this morning that they are going to allow researchers to enter Norway again! So I might get to go after all! Woohoo!

Which also means that I don’t think acquiring more bunnies is a good idea… so going to release Copper to the circling adopter vultures!

• Louiethebunny
                                  Participant

Things here have been pretty mellow, the bunnies spend most of their time sleeping all flopped over with each other. I’ve started feeding Louie some oats with his pellets since he’s been a little thin. In other news, my family has been playing with the idea of adopting a dog, we haven’t had one in a while! We’ve reached out to a local shelter and we’re waiting to hear back. If we meet a dog that is a match for us, we might have a new addition to our family!

• LBJ10
                                    16908 posts Send Private Message

Yay Dana! But… no need to release that cute bunny just yet… 😉

Well, it was pretty nice here. Was. I was kind of bummed because I had virtual stuff on those days, so I couldn’t do anything that involves being outside. Nope, that outside stuff will probably end up occurring on a cold/crappy day.

• DanaNM

@LBJ10 Oooh I hate that! When I lived in New Zealand it seemed like it would always be really nice mid-week, then raining and windy all weekend when I planned camping trips!

• LBJ10

You lived in New Zealand, Dana? Wow, you sure do get around! LOL  I always thought it was cold in New Zealand.

• DanaNM

I lived there for about 9 months on a fellowship! I looved it. I was in Wellington, so it was very windy and pretty cold. Not cold enough to snow but consistently chilly.

• Hazel
                                            Participant

Hold on. You lived in Wellington, on a fellowship? Was it… The Fellowship… of the Ring??

Sorry, my LOTR nerd came out. 😉

• DanaNM

Haha! I almost specified… not THAT Fellowship! LOL

While I was there one of my co-workers was an extra on The Hobbit set though!

I didn’t end up doing any of the LOTR tours, but it really does feel like Middle Earth there, aside from all the sheep!

• Louiethebunny
                                                Participant

Some fun news on our part; we sent in an application for a puppy at a local shelter! My (and the bunnies’ room) is pretty separated from the rest of our house, so keeping the puppy and the bunnies separate shouldn’t be a problem. Hoping he’s a match for us!!

• prince dorian the bun
                                                  Participant

fingers crossed for you Louiethebunny! You are going to have your hands full!

• Hazel
                                                    Participant

Dana: An extra on The Hobbit, that’s so neat! You should have gotten in there too! 😀  Were you able to point out your co-worker while watching the movie?

Louiethebunny: Did your application get approved?

• DanaNM

@Hazel I considered going to the casting call because they were looking for tall people (I’m 5’10”), but it would have interfered too much with my research! And yes he made it into the background of one of the shots, you can actually see him leaning in a little to stay in frame LOL 😆

And yes Louie any pupdates???

• Louiethebunny
                                                        Participant

Ahhh! No puppy here :/ we’ve applied for several dogs from shelters in our area but all were adopted by other families before us! I suppose it’s to be expected, lots of people are probably wanting to give puppies forever homes for the holidays! Filling out the applications is quite tiring so my family is taking a break from the puppy fever until after the holidays, but we’re now considering fostering dogs as well. Just trying to keep our options open until we find the perfect match!

• DanaNM

Well, we moved all of our stuff to San Diego over the weekend, and are going to swoop up the pets today! And… drumroll…. we are going to bring Copper with us!  If it doesn’t work out with the group or Bonnie I will have to bring him back though.

Going to have them all ride together in the car on the drive and hope I can get the group bonded!

Wish me luck, I’m gonna need it!

• prince dorian the bun
                                                            Participant

Good luck Dana!  Here is to them all being easily bonded!

• Hazel
                                                              Participant

Bubbles passed away this morning. We knew it was coming but it’s just killing me.

• HipHopBunny
                                                                Participant
                                                                640 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry!! 😥

Wishing you love, peace, and support!!

((((Rest in peace, Bubbles))))

• DanaNM

Oh no, I’m so sorry Hazel 🙁 🙁

• Hazel
                                                                    Participant

Thank you both. It’s really hard, he didn’t pass as peacefully as I was hoping for.

• LBJ10

I’m so sorry Hazel. 😥

• Bam
                                                                        Moderator
                                                                        16877 posts Send Private Message

Hazel, I’m so sorry 💔

• jerseygirl
                                                                          Moderator
                                                                          22345 posts Send Private Message

Hazel, I’m sorry to hear about Bubbles. 🙁

• Hazel
                                                                            Participant

Thanks everybody. 😥

Viewing 35 reply threads
                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE November Chat!